Tamiya RC Cars

Re:

We're on the same page as usual Adrian. Clearing the attic should get you the re-issues as original prices are strong at the mo.

Anyone for a turbo burns? ;)

Re:

Yeah its funny the common interests - we must all have some psychological issue around holding onto the past!!! If we were crack addicts the NHS would treat us with a prescription injection into our PayPal accounts.

Its a pity the hobby isn't as popular as it was - racing buggies once a week at Chippenham was fun, even if the Tamiya I had got nailed by the Kyosho's and Losi's :LOL:

This is the first time I've noticed this section of the forum.... must stay away from the classic motor bikes page - stop looking at the RGV 250s...........

These bring back memories :) I used to have a Fox, sold it years ago, probably to fund some cycling thing or other :LOL:

Attachments

• Fox1.jpg
    Fox1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 2,276
Re:

I just pre ordered the Kyosho Optima re-issue. Can't wait to get it.

Also got the Team Associated RC10 :D

I need to start building them - bit like my bikes :)

Have any of you guys run lipo and brushless yet?

If you're only experience is of NiCds and brushed motors, you need to swap ASAP. Longer run times, and speeds that you will never have imagined!

I love the older stuff, but fit new electrics etc, and it opens up a whole new world. I run an HPI firestorm (rwd stadium truck) and it's lethal fast. Almost uncontrollable TBH!

(former owner of a Madcap :))

I've been lipo/brushless since i came back into it.

Even my crappy stock RC10B4.1 with brushless was quicker than my fully hopped up optima mid running a mod class motor.

The new Durango i bought and stuck a 6.5 turn brushless in its good for about 40+ in a straight line but still perfectly raceable in the twisties. If i gear up i can get knocking on for 60mph.......... bit sluggish on take off though!

My_Teenage_Self":ltl3x7zt said:
Have any of you guys run lipo and brushless yet?

If you're only experience is of NiCds and brushed motors, you need to swap ASAP. Longer run times, and speeds that you will never have imagined!

I love the older stuff, but fit new electrics etc, and it opens up a whole new world. I run an HPI firestorm (rwd stadium truck) and it's lethal fast. Almost uncontrollable TBH!

(former owner of a Madcap :))

Gonna have to stop looking at this thread ( particularly this post ) or it will kick off another latent obsession :facepalm:

Re:

I "like" the similar sounding curve of activities on these to RBikes.

I was into these the same time as my bike but hit 16/17 and discovered going out and it soon disappeared. But for a period of 13-16, it was my number 1 obsession. I think I still have my last car, a beat up Kyosho Lazer ZX. It was my final attempt to win some races at a local, weekly event in Reading back in the day.

Before then, I'd gotten through 2 Falcon's and 1 Terra Scorcher (with all the mod's including the essential alloy wishbones).

Nowadays I like looking at them but the bikes are just more fun.

Re:

I used to have a Sand Scorcher; sold it to raise funds :roll: ...would really like another, maybe a Rough Rider :cool:

Re: Re:

wadsy":1awfrcp7 said:
I used to have a Sand Scorcher; sold it to raise funds :roll: ...would really like another, maybe a Rough Rider :cool:

Was that yours Martin? Lovely paint work...

Back