Arse..no money for 24 hours!

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
OK, last night I went out for a few drinks, went to get some cash from an ATM, covered the keypad so as to prevent any one/cameras seeing my pin entry....then proceeded to enter the wrong pin 3 times in a row....my card is now locked for 24hours and the bank claim its an automatic thing and they cant do anything about it.

So I have approximately £20 in cash in the change jar. Approximately 0 litres of fuel in the car. A pace that needs a small financial input to prep it for the planned freewheel use tomorrow.

I was also planning to buy a new suit today......arghhhh!

Looks like I'll be prepping the pace with what I have laying around, and spending the day riding....because its free.... ah well it could be worse!

surely you can go into a branch or ring them up and get it unlocked - they can't just stop access to your money?????

Oopps.....I have a golden rule now. If I think a night out may turn a bit...erm...well oiled, I take the cash out first and leave cards at home.

we were with eon until they removed 250 quid because they forgot to charge for elec as well as gas.this dumped us into beyond over draft so barclays stiffed us as well.took 5 months to sort that one out.....been very stressful lately i could put up with just the one day.....ps theres always busking (they give you a free dog for that i hear) :p

orange71":12u6f3yz said:
surely you can go into a branch or ring them up and get it unlocked - they can't just stop access to your money?????

Ive phoned the bank, and was told its auto locked for 24 hours, they cant help me... I asked if I could make a withdrawel over the counter at any local branches....I was told they dont offer a counter service on saturdays.....lets have a big woohoo! for HSBC...

Ive done a quick tot up of the change jar and its actually over £50...so I wont starve & can probably afford to get the pace bits sorted on it....however the suit is deffinately not going to happen today :(

I probably could, but im not that worried about it really...more a minor annoyance than a real problem.

If I really need to im sure I can arrange a deal with a mate for a loan...but I dont think i'll need to.

gibbleking":3lcs1ggs said:
we were with eon until they removed 250 quid because they forgot to charge for elec

I've just had £135 back from Atlantic Gas and Electric as a loyalty bonus - which was nice. :)

Do you only own the one card :shock:
I have 3 bank accounts and lost count on credit cards so if one card gets lost / stolen i'm never stuck!
Do you not have a CC? You do get 30 days interest free, plenty of time to clear the balance off.

Back