COOL WALL: "Manitou frameset - Cool or Uncool?"

Is the Manitou frameset cool or uncool?

• Yep - Totally cool! No question about it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are ok. Not really bothered or have an opinion...

• Nope! Hate the darn things! Totally uncool!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
don't know much about them but they look cool - even if everybody talks about them falling to bits...

definitely COOL

I ever wanted one and a couple of years ago I got one NOS. The bike is for display only, however I got another one that I actually ride. Not daily but I use it also in the rain and mud, do not pamper it much - so far no cracks....

April1993.jpg

kingroon":3avtyvp7 said:
Nice view up here on the fence ;)

Not wowed personally.. Was there ever a Team Manitou or did Doug just have his forks on the Starting Line?
man·i·tou or man·i·tu

yes there was, have to check but I think travis brown rode for mani.
original DB pre answer Manis are sub zero cool ;)

scant":25gjlj30 said:
kingroon":25gjlj30 said:
Nice view up here on the fence ;)

Not wowed personally.. Was there ever a Team Manitou or did Doug just have his forks on the Starting Line?
man·i·tou or man·i·tu

yes there was, have to check but I think travis brown rode for mani.
original DB pre answer Manis are sub zero cool ;)

Travis Brown did ride for Manitou.....and Jurgen Beneke (sp?) rode DH for them too (I think!).

Cheers
Stu

jez-2-many-bikes":xs2ip2d7 said:
Or...

"Man! Its broken in tou!"

:D :D :D

hahaha, thats the irony of the cool wall. they're cool, yet sh,te! I like the jeff archer firstflight comments on mtbr.com a while back. it took us 3 framesets to make 1 working 1 :)

Uber cool especially the pictures posted. I remember seeing one and it was the first time I'd seen cnc, suspension of any kind(barring a flex stem) and lovely polishing on a bike. Truly jaw dropping. As for cracking didn't everything crack in those days?

Back