GT Karakoram DX V's with MrControl Widget.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 20,700
  • GT Karakoram RockShox Seatpost.jpg
    GT Karakoram RockShox Seatpost.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 20,700
  • GT KARAKORAM '94 ....jpg
    GT KARAKORAM '94 ....jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 20,700
:cry: My bike feels like a b@stard at a family reunion. Not one comment :!: Ok, it's not kept original but I didn't think it was that bad :roll:

Sorry missed this one. :oops:

I do like it though, I'm a sucker for early GT steel frames, nice to see one that obviously gets used like it should be.

Cool. :cool:

Fond memories..

Nice mate,

I cut my teeth on early 90's GT bikes..The KARAKORAM was one of them :D

Mine had the purple haze finish, while my mate had the TEAM AVALANCHE in black with blue splatter..

One day ill get one too ;)

Some more red bits added (skewers, stem stackers ;) ) :D and a tiny amount of purple titanium, brake boss bolts. You can just make them out in the pix. Also changed the crud catcher to a Mk1.
I know the pedals aren't that good, but they grip well. The original GT flats I put on it were totally useless if it was less than bone dry.

Attachments

• ddddd111.JPG
    ddddd111.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 20,568
A few changes to the old war horse. I know the fenders/mudguards are going to take some flack but with the way it's been raining, personally, I think they're justified. Put on a Zzyzx stem, bought cos I liked the front plate and put on the Club Roost seat courtesy of Pickle :D And some DX spuds.

Attachments

• zzyzx stem on karakoram (1).JPG
    zzyzx stem on karakoram (1).JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 19,662
  • zzyzx stem on karakoram.JPG
    zzyzx stem on karakoram.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 19,662
  • GT Karakoram 1.JPG
    GT Karakoram 1.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 19,662
Re: Blimey.

Grannygrinder":1inp66rf said:
Those forks look long,does it still handle ok?

The forks are Mozo Pro 4.5's. I find the handling is fine as it's been like that for approx 12 years. I suppose it's all down to personal preference.
I've used the bike for XC, DH and a little bit of jumping/drops(not very big though, only a few feet) and it's taken all that's been dished out :twisted:

Updated again.

Forks are now Manitou Splices.
Hayes MX2 cable disc on the front.
Handlebars are Easton EA30.
Woodman stem (possibly putting the Raceface back on)

Next to change:

Changing the DX levers and V-brake for edit: XT levers (black and silver) and a Cane Creek Direct Curve 3 (black).

And I know the front brake cable in the 1st pic isn't attached but in the 2nd pic it's a new Jagwire silver braided cable outer. The rear one will match when I change the brake over.

Attachments

• GT Karakoram '94 with Splices #2.JPG
    GT Karakoram '94 with Splices #2.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 19,008
  • GT Karakoram '94 with Splices #1.JPG
    GT Karakoram '94 with Splices #1.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 19,008
Hows it ridin with the fairly modern set up? As in short stem and long forks etc. looks like a good user anyroads, I'm particullarly smitten with mine even though it was cheap as chips, great bikes :cool:

Back