Sloping Steel road frame, Large, xl. new/old, tatty/perfect

fritzlite

Senior Retro Guru
Looking for something in great tubing, Like The Kona kapu 96'. Salsa, sunn, Brodie rodie...bontrager road lite!! (Ahh...) dave lloyd, Gazelle Demax
Got to be Large, x-large...17 cm + headtube, 56-57 toptube

newer, modern steel frame also interesting...(with long headtube, and + 6cm slope..) salsa pistola....custom?

Im in Denmark, so EU preferd...but if anyone state-side got something sweet...let me know

Got a Small bontrager cx cyclocross frame and fork, that could be swapped for The right Item, if that would be interesting
Check my profile for pics and info

Otherwise...PayPal user

Cheers

Re:

I have a very boutique frame only Ibis Spanky in a 56.5 top tube if any use. It's in top condition with its original 'warm beer' paint. :cool:

Hi,

I've a De Rosa Casanova, lugged steel (mid-late 1990's, I think) built of Columbus Brain OS (Over Size).
57.5cm top tube, 17cm head tube, 60 cm CT seat tube.

No fork. I can throw in a non-original straight bladed steel fork (non-threaded, ahead steerer), with enough space for about 10mm spacers beneath the stem, or a threaded Columbus fork (almost NOS) from a Bottecchia, painted red.

See thread here, for pics-
<http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=341838>

Happy to provide more details pics etc if of interest. I've only just decided to sell (as I found and bought a De Rosa Corum about a month after buying this frame). £250+ postage.

David

C8442037-EC90-4FC7-BF39-0C2D265F854D_zpsehtgzi3v.jpg

I have this Salsa Casseroll frame and forks - pretty tatty. I was going to get it shot blasted and powder coated, but haven't got the time - it's L/XL I'm 6'3" and with this set up it was perfect. It's got sloping top tube and sliders so you can run either geared or single speed.

I'd do F&F for £150 shipped

fritzlite":1u0x5hgq said:
Headtube 19 cm?
58 toptube?

Is The paint something homemade?

Yes paint was a home job, I bought it like that with a view to running as it was and then powder coating. But have since found love with titanium :cool:

6729EDE2-1E21-48D2-A9F3-9CFA1DA9540B_zpst5r1bpv4.png

It's the 56cm frame with a 32" stand over all the dimensions and geometry above.

Solid frame that's a blank canvass. If you want more pics of the frame and forks let me know and I'll send some to you. The bike is all stripped down and the frame and forks just need to find a new home.

It was plenty big enough for me at 6'3" - so unless you're taller, should be ok for you. The way Salsa size their sloping top tube frames I'd be wary of going any larger.

Back