Marin Team Issue 1993 *Completed 11/10/08 with new pic*

Huntso

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Completed and back to its original spec as it was in 1993
Thanks to the people who have helped with bits and information :D

Very pleased to get the Marin Lite Kevlar tyres, thought they might be the stumbling block.

Nothing left to do now apart from ride it and look for the next project (thought I had found it, but best laid plans etc :roll: )
Thanks for your time

Attachments

• Marin Team Issue 009.JPG
    Marin Team Issue 009.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 5,130
Looking good!

I have a pair of Marin grips, they are are NOS but they are the newer type with MARIN script in the rubber. They may well be just the job for now though? i may well be able to sort a seat clamp as well!

Cheers,Al

I have a pair of Marin grips, they are are NOS but they are the newer type with MARIN script in the rubber. They may well be just the job for now though? i may well be able to sort a seat clamp as well!

Thanks al that would be great :D

[Cough] Spoke protector! [/Cough]

I know, but as it was original and 15 years old, seemed a shame to take it off, also much nicer quality than the big thick clear plastic ones you get now.

Still got the original reflectors and brackets too, but that really would
have been too much, left the warning sticker on the forks as well :)

Rigid looked much better, I prefer that way, it's a lovely bike and I liked it, actually I voted for it at this month BOTM, I do have a soft spot for Marin's from 90's years, after owned 3 of them in the past :)

Me too. Rigid was definitely the way to go, it looks so damn slick now. :cool:

I might lose the XTR sticker but I guess that depends how easily it will come off...

Back