Fiesta 1.1 fuel tank size

Easy_Rider

Retrobike Rider
OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
As title, anybody know the fuel tank size in litres or gallons for a Fiesta 1.1 1993 K reg? Dicky fuel gauge and i'm filling up every 200 miles or so with about 30 litres of fuel but its showing red on the gauge. I'm sick of filling up so often.

Cheers

lol,dont know but i wish thats all i needed,mine takes 76 litres and gives me 200 miles :cry: sorry thats not very helpful lol :oops:

stew-b":1ape2l5y said:
lol,dont know but i wish thats all i needed,mine takes 76 litres and gives me 200 miles :cry: sorry thats not very helpful lol :oops:

Hehe, i know i love the mpg if gives me, 42 to 50 mpg... from a petrol engine thats 15 years old! Diesel mpg with petrol cost!
My other cars aren't so good though.....

stew-b":1ape2l5y said:
as far as i can see on google its either 42 or 45 litres.

Yer that's what i found too, but i have a feeling it's much smaller.... anybody have a Fiesta Haynes manual?

No, I've sold my manual, only have a mk2 one.

2 choices here:

1. fill up, see how many litres it takes. Fill up a petrol can too and stick it in the boot. Run it till it runs out of petrol, make a note of how many miles that was, refill from the can. Run to 90% of that mileage and you should be ok.

2. Fix the problem with the guage.

NickD":yakjfsiq said:
No, I've sold my manual, only have a mk2 one.

2 choices here:

1. fill up, see how many litres it takes. Fill up a petrol can too and stick it in the boot. Run it till it runs out of petrol, make a note of how many miles that was, refill from the can. Run to 90% of that mileage and you should be ok.

Yer, i thought about that, but you never know when your going to run out, i go through a lot of roadworks on the way to work and others won't be pleased if i run out in them as i'll just block everyone!

NickD":yakjfsiq said:
2. Fix the problem with the guage.

hehe, thought about this too, but thats as far as i can be bothered :LOL:

right haynes manual was no help. speaking to some mechanic friends of mine they say between 35 and 40 litres. i seem to remember my 1.3 of the same mark was spot on 38 litres.

Right, well thanks for looking anyway. 38 litres sounds about right, i'll run with that. So i'm hitting red line when there is nearly 3 gallons left in the tank! Thanks for all your help chaps!

Back