My mens Falcon Black Diamond

I've got some yellow outer cable (brake type) if you would like some. Selling at £2.00 metre plus post.

Old Ned":25k34r46 said:
I've got some yellow outer cable (brake type) if you would like some.

I may take you up on that offer soon :) not too important right now cos shes away for the winter but maybe after christmas and new year are out the way.

Lovely bike mate.

I have the chance to buy a very good condition one of these bikes for £55 that is complete and rideable in those exact colours.

I wondered if you could tell me if the frame on your one has indication of what the frame is made from?

voxx":24tumcgs said:
I wondered if you could tell me if the frame on your one has indication of what the frame is made from?

No, it hasn't, but I have previously been told it's a possible Reynolds 531.
I have 2 and neither have stickers, so I really don't know for sure.

My first "proper" bike was a Falcon Black Diamond bought new around 1976/77 I think. Definitely the same era transfers as yours.
They were a good, solid entry level bike, apart from the dodgy brake lever extensions so popular at the time.
Mine, I think, had a frame sticker saying it was made with Reynolds tubing so I always assummed 501. If it was 531 I believe they would have said so.
I covered a lot of miles on mine touring and commuting before it was stolen, never to be seen again.

Re:

@titch__16 I've an old Black Diamond (in red) which I'm thinking of restoring. It needs a complete respray but that mean I'd need to replace the decals. Where did you get the decals from?

Back