Brave Warrior

Ding Dong! You're no Ding-a-ling thats for sure! ;)

You lucky chap.

Al. :D

Re: More elevation

mrkawasaki":11w2rctc said:
As the seller had a 19" and a 20" (I bought the 20") it's interesting to note that the 19" went for £201... and had 13 bids versus 8 for the 20".

Can't wait for its arrival...

Mr K

...and the nice thing about that 19" is it's actually an 18" which was really the size I was looking for anyway. It's even stamped 18 on the bb shell next to the serial number and the TET stamp. Here's a photo of where I'm currently at with the build.

Incidentally, this one is a 1990 frame.

Attachments

• Brave Warrior 6.jpg
    Brave Warrior 6.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 1,741
  • Brave Warrior 7.jpg
    Brave Warrior 7.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1,741

I need mine to stay large (and not shrink in transit)... ;-)

If you still want a steel Alien I have a nice 1989 one in my gallery in your size...

Mr K

Let me give that some thought, this frame tapped my funds a bit.

Post some pix of yours once you get it. Would love to see how you build it!

Splatter.....

It's arrived - first thing I noticed was, mainly because a lot of folk say the rear stays are inverted front forks, how asymmetrical the chain stays are when viewed from above.

Scrabbling around in the cellar for spare parts to make a build now - don't want to spend any more money on old bikes this month!

Mr K

Brave Warrior TET - first pictures

Spare parts build up... WiP...

Mr K

Attachments

• Tuba.jpg
    Tuba.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 776
  • Asymmetrical.jpg
    Asymmetrical.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 776
  • Bw2.jpg
    Bw2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 776
  • Brave Warrior 1.jpg
    Brave Warrior 1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 776
Looks to be in just as good o' shape as the one I received, congrats. Is that a black Mavic headset? Wish I had one of those in my spare parts box. I took mine in to my LBS last week to have the headset cups pressed in. I'm pretty sure most mechanics under the age of 25 have never seen an e-stay bike up close. Funny.

My bike has just been immortalised by the ridiculously talented Pierre!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• Brave Warrior.jpg
    Brave Warrior.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 254
Re:

Good to see this thread raised from the dead!

I nearly fell off the chair when I read the opening post... then spotted it was in 2008 :LOL:

Still great score though! Any images of the complete bike (Assuming it got finished)?

Back