Yellow! Zaskar!

Thanks matt - I've been clicking links in your sig, the Karakoram's gotta be my favourite, it was quite a paintjob on those eh :p

Managed to exchange a few old computer bits for some nice replacement bike parts from my dad's workshop. I'll get some photos together tomorrow, the curly risers are gone & it's straight bars & bar ends all the way now :D

Getting my lovely LTS DS last week hasn't distracted me too much from the Zaskar, only because it's in such good shape there really isn't anything to do to it, but ride it (fast)!

Updated pics - swapped in the straight bars and bar-ends (both Bontrager) and a nice specialized stem which weighs almost nothing compared to the old one. Also threw on my Deore front V-brake, not quite a red DX but fits in nicely i think, and a new saddle. All in exchange for some old computer bits, so I can't complain. The handling is somewhere between twitchy & precise but it's growing on me, and I forgot how good bar-ends are, I'm honking up hills I could never do with the old curly risers on :LOL:

I need to get this steerer cut though, it get more ugly every time i look at it ...

Attachments

• Zaskar2-002.jpg
    Zaskar2-002.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,792
  • Zaskar2-006.jpg
    Zaskar2-006.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,792
Haha daj, don't worry the LTS is not getting neglected - I've had a few quick blasts around the woods & I can't believe the ride going downhill, it's like riding a nice comfortable sofa down the hillside, and it's already saved me from what would've been an 'over the handlebars' job on the Zaskar while I was giving it some down a new trail, just lean back & hang on :p The bob isn't so bad going uphill either to be fair. Love it, although I'm not really sure if there's much I want to do to it, apart from polish it a little & get a few new frame patches to make sure the cables don't rub, and maybe an old Crud Catcher up front.. and some decals made up... ok so seems there's a few things. But nothing serious at least.

Looking forward to seeing this Zaskar Pickle! It'll be a looong weekend waiting for that to arrive eh.

Looks like one i had! Got it from Notts Super Cycles 1996/7. Had full XTR Judy XC's and loads of red bits, yellow Mavics! Truely awesome bike! Shall pop some pics on when i find em

er go! had Judy XC's on before i bent them and the back wheel. Hence the what you see

Attachments

• GT_Zaskar.jpg
    GT_Zaskar.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 710
Back