Show us your FAT CHANCE

build update

Put the McMahon cranks on,.. replaced the silver syncros stem/bar with the TNT Titanium stem and Dean titanium Bar.
Looks rather good in real life but I have some other build options I mind

Re: Re:

pete_mcc":n7xinssp said:
My original retrobike that I bought back in the 90s. Doesn't get ridden as much as it should but I still love it. Here it is looking fresh after a clean and refurb. It's just a pity I can't take an in focus photo....

6f35c8260f585f6ec9df2b653caa8d7d_zpsbnx7n8fs.jpg

c16bb5be.jpg

Is this a SM/MED?

Re:

Oooh. I'd better put up a photo or two. I must get some better photos and I'll change them. But for now..

My 1997 ? Yo. I've only just pieced it back together since I replaced the broken downtube. It's a vauxhall viva colour btw...

And my 1990 yo I've owned/raced/now ssing since 93 and is still by far my favourite bike. It's made the perfect s/s too :)...

Not got a photo but my wife hannah has a Bro eddy. Just been riding it today. Will get photos.

Alex.

Re: Re:

yoeddynz":1tbmstle said:
Oooh. I'd better put up a photo or two. I must get some better photos and I'll change them. But for now..

My 1997 ? Yo. I've only just pieced it back together since I replaced the broken downtube. It's a vauxhall viva colour btw...

And my 1990 yo I've owned/raced/now ssing since 93 and is still by far my favourite bike. It's made the perfect s/s too :)...

Not got a photo but my wife hannah has a Bro eddy. Just been riding it today. Will get photos.

Alex.

Nice bikes. Especially love the disk version Yo :cool: I'm guessing you converted the rear frame to discs, as there are only a few factory ones but they were made at the end of the Fat City production run.

Re:

I never knew that Fat Chance made some with disc mounts. :shock: Cool. I bet they must be pretty rare though?

I added the disc mount back in 2006 and it has worked out really well. After replacing the downtube I decided to also remove the old canti bosses for a cleaner look. I decided against adding disc hose brackets to the top tube though because I dont have a gas set in my workshop and Im certainly not confident enough to try and tig the much thinner centre of the T/T. Hence the slightly ugly cable ties (although that centre cable tie happens to line up nicely with where the XTR brake lever hits the T/T :)

Back