91 raleigh dynatech odyssey-mayhem bike finsihed pics pg4

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
had this for a while now, built it up as a cheap work bike and rode it on a few retrobike regionals and to be honest it rode really well, just looked scaby and tired .........patina? ;)

well, with the pace being a tad of a headache i thought id build this up, then mountain mayhem race bike build sprang into my mind and now all i can think about is building it up :facepalm:

plan at present is to try and replicate paul hintons dynacurve race bike, not strictly correct but enough of a nod to a great racer whom i admired BITD.

first job was to strip the old paint, after reading dan chambers reply in another thread i got some paint stripper from b&q, wrapped it in cling film and forgot to unwrap it after a night, 2 days later the paint came of really well!!! cheaper than media blasting and quicker than waiting for it to be done after hours. great trick and ill be doing it again. the rc30s i got of that there ebay had the same treatment.

before

built for abuse

paint stripper and cling film

rinsed and rubbed down

love this

forks

currently sat with a primer coat to protect it while i source more paint etc

plans are nearly full dx groupset, revolvers and basic a kalloy/zoom/whatever looks nice and i can afford it finishing kit......and lock on grips, sorry but theyre the best product progression ever for offroad bikes ;)

and to race it hard and fast......for about 10 minutes or until i colapse haha

Re: 91 raleigh dynatech odyssey - mayhem race bike

Approximately 5 mins more than me last year then! :LOL: :LOL:

What colour are you going for? Yellow and blue?

BTW, I bumped into him on a ride once, seemed like a nice bloke

Mike

yup, blue, yellow and a dash of red/orange. athough the rc30s will be the same yellow a the main tubes.

the excuse for being slow is so that everyone can admire the retrobikes ;)

longun":w36efk16 said:
the excuse for being slow is so that everyone can admire the retrobikes ;)

Cunning plan ;)

Plus, we actually want to ride lots too! :cool:

hope so dude :)

the gt pantera gonna get the same stripping soon, then ill try and polish it to death haha, crumbs chief, i can feel another build coming on sooner now ;)

small updates, primed it and gave it its first couple of yellow coates this afternoon.Will wait for it to dry more before i finish the yellow and will figure out the best way to cover the yellow before the blue gets laid on. Reckon clingfilm and masking tape will be easiest?

getting there......slowly

Re:

Looking good C,

What paint are you using? Other than yellow and blue,obviously!

Clingfilm and tape sounds best, got any transfers on the way?

Mike

cheap hycote? stuff from wilcos, saving for another pace so limiting funds, itll get mucky and scuffed eventually so not bothering with costly stuff this time. the wifes just told me shes out all night so no mancave action for me :(

may test clingfilm on some old forks, see how it goes.....

Re:

Can't you drag the kids/pets out to the man cave? :LOL: :LOL:

This is important work! :cool:

Back