It is a MBK Ranger Hi-Tech
Cro-Molly
Internal Welding

Thats about all we know!
Never seen another one.
I think it has Mountain LX gears.
Anyone know anything about it?

yuwevf.jpg

Aren't MBK french? I remember reading about them in VTT magazine in the late eighties, but don't know much more than that.

Does anyone else have a dad with a cool retro bike?
Mine rocks a Muddyfox Courier Comp, Deore thumbies (work best with his arthritis) XT everything else, syncros cattleprod, ruined by a massive squishy saddle. In blue. :(

MBK is a french brand , that is a very early model .

they had a lovely top of the range model , fluro pink and purple all campa equipped .

wow i still service mbk's when they pop up as my boss sold loads in the early 90's/late 80's (he dont like the 80's lol as thats when he had to stop racing kids and all that ha ha they all seem to be good bikes road and atb frames are well made even if a tad heavy :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

MBK previously known as Motobecane are a French firm that make bicycles and mopeds and are now owned by Yamaha.

Internal welding I suspect is not quite right, it probably refers to the frame being internally lugged and is thus a brazed frame. Peugeot often used internally lugged frames and they are also French :roll:

I rather like the lurid paint scheme but then I have no taste, or so I've been told repeatedly :shock:

Back