Music

What excellent taste Retrobikers have.

Did put on some Floyd the other night for the obvious reason :(

Other than that, this week it's been B.B. King, Autechre, Stone Roses (Second Coming, great for encouraging lawless behaviour on the commute :LOL: ), and the Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan album Sunday At Devil Dirt. Mark Lanegan is the man!

bit spooky Kiaser

On my creative zen this morning on my ride up to glasgow I listened to

biffy clyro
kings of leon
Ian brown
the fratellis
the ting tings
the verve
vampire weekend

and I have been meaning to download the glasvegas album but I am a bit afraid they may be another Jesus and mary chain- one sound fits all, if you know what I mean.

Mr K, i think Bobby Gillespie may have something to say about Mary Chain getting back together, don't you?

Seeing as you are a fellow manc? Were you like me one of the lucky/unlucky few that saw jamc at the Hacienda about 87ish? Still makes me laugh when i think how crap they were.But then again if i was that mashed i doubt if i would have found the stage! Happy days. ;)

Cheers,Al. Not mashed, Cornwall! :D

Was living in "Madchester" in the late '80's and remember seeing the Stoneroses at the hacienda (1988?) - Mr Brown was a very poor singer live BITD but was feckin brilliant none the less :cool:

Yeah,was a good gig. the best Roses gig at the time was for me, the one at the International 1, They came of age that night.

Don't suppose you were at the Ritz when they played? Think they were unsigned at the time. It was a one off thing and they played three songs if i remember correctly.

Al.

Man........ the Ritz.........bouncy dancefloor right?......that brings back some great memories, didn't see the roses there but did get to feel up a big chested girl from prestwich which I have to say was so much better :twisted:

Was she from the Hospital? :LOL:

yes a proper sprung dance floor for ballroom dancing. The Ritz on a monday realy was fantastic!
Some very good times were had in there!

And the Banshee,Cloud 9, Berlin, Legends on a thursday,Playpen...........

Those were the days!

Al.

Back