December Downs Dirty Day Out. *SEE OTHER THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

warpedboy2

Retrobike Rider
Hi,

So who is up for a xmas south downs ride?

I was thinking a run along the SDW from amberley to brighton ( or eastbourne for the fit types!)

My thinking is by starting at amberly, there is a station, so people can bail at shoreham, brighton, lewes or go all the way to eastbourne, depending on fitness/ hangover/ amount of mincepies consumed, then get the train back to amberley.

Also, folks can get down from london etc.

So, anyone....

Aces!!!

Ok, I'm off on holiday on saturday for 10 days, so we'll sort out some dates when I get back.

If december is difficult, we could always do it in January? might be good to help get rid of our xmas bellies!

It's up to you lot. :D

a bit of advice : dont take the trains :evil:

we got stuck with tintin for hours last time .

I'll start at Amberly.

...and finish at Arundel.

:LOL:

Sounds fun. 'Cept south downs way in december sort of isn't.

Keep us posted then on the details.

If you can make it onto the sdw via Amberly in december you're doing well, it's normally a 45 degree ice rink!!! I assume that's what Wu Tangled is talking about....

I used to live in Storrington so know that part of the Downs well, I could even show you the infamous Downhill of Doom as featured in the 'owwwwwwwwwww' thread

Sounds good though, as I'm doubtful for the downs ride in a few weeks

December ride sounds good..

Did Petersfield to Eastbourne earlier on the year [late June], got to Lewes at the end of Day One, the going was sloppy.. :oops:

Wow

That sounds brilliant. I am definately up for that. At least one of my bikes will be ready by then!!!

Can i put mulled wine in my camelback???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back