94 S Works Steel UPDATE- slightly more retro!

Yep that would do nicely- needs to be 1" though-

My post is 26.6, I'm guessing your frame is not?
by the way Zoom posts come up a lot on ebay.de

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The 1" thing can be solved easily enough with an shim.

And would you believe I have 26,8 - 27,0 - 27,2 - 27,4 frames, no kidding, but not the 26,6 (yet). My zoom stem is a 1.1/8" also.

Enjoy!!

I've just stuck on some Specialized Tyres-
Storm Control 2.0 on the rear
Cannibal 2.2 on the front

Also some lovely Deore double sided flat pedals- lovely but... I've got some Red Ritchey SPDs on the way.

Think I need to change the stem and bars- what do you reckon chaps?

BTW its an absolute blast to ride- so light and nimble!

Always been a fave of mine :cool: reckon they do look good with a nice flat steel stem (even though I have a syncros) or a black zooka with red decal. Can you fix that rear brake cable? Could you utillise the noodle as a cable stop? Use something like a middleburn oiler as a double female for the outer and noodle?(thinking out loud here :roll: )

Damn I still like this one a lot, and the tires are a nice addition. And though I'm not too fond of the rear tire for allround grip it sure looks ace.

And for stems etc. if it were mine I'd fit a silver steel stem. It would echo the silver crank and silver seatpost nicely.

Enjoy!!

Kaiser- I had a go at using the noodle as a cable stop with poor results (looking even untidier than it does now!)- tape was only ever meant to be a temporary measure but cant think of a way round it, and brakes work nicely at the mo...
(a double female thingy which would fix securely onto the noodle would be a good start though)

IBOC- Yep silver stem might be the way to go, I've got a nice Silver Syncros bar which might look good to... whatever colour it needs to be a bit flatter for sure.

As for tyres I have a pair of Canniballs and a pair of Storm Controls so will experiment. (Storm Controls still have knobbly bits on!)

Sorted the rear noodle thingy with a chance find of a brass doodah- works perfectly!

IMG_1988.jpg

Knocked the rear wheel out of true again whilst riding up in the peaks...
Going to ditch both wheels- sell the hubs & scrap the rims. Got a set of period correct ish xt/ukai 7 speed wheels which I'll stick on- and I'll swop the pauls thumbies for some Shimano dx's... another pic

IMG_1996.jpg

Got to get rid of those brakes as soon as possible. When I read the specs I thought you meant good old Deore DX cantilevers, but then I saw the pics ... :(
Actually I would look for another stem too. Some old Syncros or something like that. I would prefer non-aheadset-stuff.

IbocProSX":3dj8h15u said:
Damn I still like this one a lot, and the tires are a nice addition. And though I'm not too fond of the rear tire for allround grip it sure looks ace.

And for stems etc. if it were mine I'd fit a silver steel stem. It would echo the silver crank and silver seatpost nicely.

Enjoy!!

I agree with this...silver stem, or black seat post and crank, then it would all be blacked out and looking stealthy.

Never seen this fork with this frame, but you made it work nicely.

Back