Winter 2016 Project - 1991 Alpinestars Al-Mega XT - DONE!

Re: Winter 2016 Project - 1991 Alpinestars Al-Mega XT

regan_ev":18s05cb5 said:
As you said, coming along. Nicely, may I add!

That rear cable guide is the right way round though :?

Yeah ... Figured out I'm missing the bushing and it probably needs a longer bit of housing.

Not long now. Just a few little things and I can try it out.

Just waiting on a chain.

Answer decals on and new hyperlite to match.

Re:

Quick shot. The pedals and some other bits arrived from Ottawa. Added a hyperlite bar and had the post and stem redone by Quy - decals by Gil.

I ordered a set of pink toe straps so they should be here soon. It's going in today for at once over a Bisegal.

:cool: Loving it buddy!

Nice to see this XT and my DX threads in focus at the same time!

Spreading the Alpinestars love :D

regan_ev":1qmopdmu said:

Hahaha great timing! There's been a few AS builds lately. This one should be on the trail next week :) Just need a snow thaw and a re-freeze!

jimi911":89yketo8 said:
regan_ev":89yketo8 said:

Hahaha great timing! There's been a few AS builds lately. This one should be on the trail next week :) Just need a snow thaw and a re-freeze!

We were in some sort of trans-continental sync with the updates yesterday- I posted mine, viewed the forum after it went up, and thought I was seeing double haha!
I really love what you've done with yours and I somewhat envy the fact yours is gonna get ridden. Somewhat... :p

regan_ev":2vl6fp1n said:
jimi911":2vl6fp1n said:
regan_ev":2vl6fp1n said:

We were in some sort of trans-continental sync with the updates yesterday- I posted mine, viewed the forum after it went up, and thought I was seeing double haha!
I really love what you've done with yours and I somewhat envy the fact yours is gonna get ridden. Somewhat... :p

I'm not a garage queen hater (or rider hater) so I don't blame you for not wanting to scuff up the DX. It's so pretty. M2s soon?

It's apparently ready to go at Bisegal so I can grab it tomorrow. Temps rose nearly 15 degrees this week so everything is just mud city :(

You can always fly over and take her for a rip :LOL:

jimi911":3kd5ozci said:
I'm not a garage queen hater (or rider hater) so I don't blame you for not wanting to scuff up the DX. It's so pretty. M2s soon?

It's apparently ready to go at Bisegal so I can grab it tomorrow. Temps rose nearly 15 degrees this week so everything is just mud city :(

I know, I know, and thanks - your FD helped scratch a niggling little itch with the chip on my one! I'm getting them ready but won't fit them (the M2) until the summer - after Mayhem (where I'll take it to display) but before Iconoclassic. I'm relieved to have it finished so just want to enjoy looking at it a while before another change. ;)

Well I look forward to the pics of it out on the trails, hope the temps keep rising for ya to a comfortable ambient :)

Well I haven't planned a summer holiday yet :p

regan_ev":33si6y0a said:
jimi911":33si6y0a said:

I know, I know, and thanks - your FD helped scratch a niggling little itch with the chip on my one! I'm getting them ready but won't fit them (the M2) until the summer - after Mayhem (where I'll take it to display) but before Iconoclassic. I'm relieved to have it finished so just want to enjoy looking at it a while before another change. ;)

Well I look forward to the pics of it out on the trails, hope the temps keep rising for ya to a comfortable ambient :)

Well I haven't planned a summer holiday yet :p

We've got a little ride group forming over here. I think I can outfit a few vacationing Brits for a retro ride - I have enough bikes ;)

jimi911":2t760fkf said:
]

I'm not a garage queen hater (or rider hater) so I don't blame you for not wanting to scuff up the DX. It's so pretty. :LOL:

Its sorta like the motorcycle/sport-bike crowd, where there's always the few who are on $50,000.00 ultra-exotic/blinged out track machines; are dressed in $10k worth of Italian riding gear and leathers ... yet only ride a few blocks, to then go park and sit in front of a Starbucks all afternoon, and 'look fast' (an art otherwise known as 'posing').

Back