1988 Stumpjumper Epic (former Cindy Whitehead Frame)

DynaCol

MacRetro Rider
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
Whilst perusing ebay recently this popped up, forget what I was actually looking for at the time :facepalm: . Although I'm looking to reduce my bike collection I couldn't pass up owning this as it's a bit special, plus it's got a U-brake!
The plan is to build it up to a catalogue spec. although I've found a few pic's of Ned Overend riding one of these and there's a few minor differences from the catalogue which I may choose to use instead. Here's how it arrived before any work has been done.

The frame number is "CW025", any Specialized experts out there able to decipher anything from it??

Attachments

• Frame Number.jpg
    Frame Number.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 4,365
  • Bottom Bracket.jpg
    Bottom Bracket.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 4,366
  • Seatstays.jpg
    Seatstays.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 4,368
  • Frame 1.jpg
    Frame 1.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 4,367
  • Epic Frameset.jpg
    Epic Frameset.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 4,367
Re: 1989 Stumpjumper Epic

Jamis Diablo":31ad5a8y said:
Nice, is this with the steel of Ti lugs?
This is from the first year of production so has the Steel lugs. Would love a Ti version too, maybe one day.

Nice! Signing in for updates :)

Well done Col. You pick some crackers :cool:

Re:

Cheers gents, might be a bit slow progress on this one. Although that depends whether I decide to get it re-painted or not, toying with just cleaning and polishing and getting it built up TBH.
The forks aren't original by the looks of it (green paint showing through in some places under the black) so may change them.
In the mean time here's "Deadly Nedly" putting one of these through it's paces, for some inspiration :cool:

Attachments

• Ned Overend Epic.jpg
    Ned Overend Epic.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 4,307
  • sky-valley-ned-overend.jpg
    sky-valley-ned-overend.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 4,307

stumpjumper1990":3now2ps5 said:
Nice! Must follow...

Had one before. Love to see your build.
Think I read your build thread, certainly have read a couple on here recently. The seller chucked in a copy of the 89 catalogue with the frameset so will scan the pages containing the Epic this week and post it up as I know it's missing from the one in the archive (must've been different versions of the 89 catalogue I guess). I've also got a few parts for the build ordered and hopefully they'll be landing soon.

I wonder if that's my old bike? I wasn't a fan of it, but I can't wait to see your build.

Back