1985 Roy Cottingham Chronometro *UPDATED*

Re: cottingham&Reid bike 1968 photos

sprucegreen":y906y7kc said:
Leo, please see link below for photos of my bike, belived ex Tour of Britain timetrial frame. Hope you like it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redsnappap ... 584039501/

That is an absolutely beautiful bike! Thanks for sharing it, Dad is passing on the skills of frame building to me at the moment, so hopefully there will be a few more Reid Bikes out there clocking up the miles.

Re:

Hi Leo, hopefully you're still a member! I've just bought on eBay a beautiful 1960 Roy Cottingham road bike, presumably built by your dad. I'll try to attach one of the eBay pics, but haven't done this before, so I'm not too hopeful. Regards, Neil

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,295
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,295
Re:

Thanks Shaun. It's a bit late for me - I collect unrestored bikes from the 1930s, 40s and early 50s - but it was just too good to miss! The last time I changed a tubular tyre (which was also the first time I did so) I got tub cement on my hands, clothes, spokes, sidewalls and braking surface. I even managed to get some where it was supposed to be, but I think that was purely by chance. That was 15 years ago, and i promised myself never to get a bike with sprints again...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the link. I visited a framebuilder friend in Weymouth yesterday, and he's offered to help. He recommends tape, too.

Re: Re:

hadendowa":zv2p8zey said:
Hi Leo, hopefully you're still a member! I've just bought on eBay a beautiful 1960 Roy Cottingham road bike, presumably built by your dad. I'll try to attach one of the eBay pics, but haven't done this before, so I'm not too hopeful. Regards, Neil
You've bought a lovely bike there Neil, I nearly bid on it myself but decided against due to other commitments. Enjoy!

hadendowa":19vtbdnt said:
Thanks for the link. I visited a framebuilder friend in Weymouth yesterday, and he's offered to help. He recommends tape, too.

Hi

BITD we had red shellac tub glue for track wheels...enough said :)

I now use Tufo tape and a pencil / biro :)

Shaun

Back