My Hot Updated

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Updated my hot with some new wheels and a complete middleburn c/ring set. This is it pretty much as its going to stay for the time being. Please don't slate the wallpaper.

Frame: 19" '96 Kona Hot Stars and Bars

Fork: Judy FSX

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Easton EA30
Handlebar: Easton EA70 risers
Grips: Pedros

Brakes: Grafton Speed Controllers
Brake Pads: Ritchey
Brake Cables: XT
Cantilever cable hangers: Onza Chill Pills
Brake Levers: Paul

Shifters: Tech-Lite 8sp
Front Derailleur: XT M737
Rear Derailleur: Paul
Derailleur Cables: XT
Cassette: XT
Chain: SRAM 870
Cranks: Middleburn RS7
Crank Bolts: FSA
Chainrings: Middleburn Slick-Shift Hardcoat
Chainring bolts: Middlburn
Bottom Bracket: FSA Ti Ultimax

Pedals: Crank Bros Egg Beater C

Hub Skewers: Hope
Rims: Mavic XC717 Ceramic
Hubs: Clark Kent Pineapple Front, XTR M950 Rear
Spokes: DT Swiss DB
Tyres: Onza Porcs

Saddle: WTB SST Ti
Seatpost: Roox 4.2
Seatpost Binder: Kona

Attachments

• hot3.jpg
    hot3.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,694
  • hot2.jpg
    hot2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,694
  • hot.jpg
    hot.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,694
Cool ride, chichi parts pick too.

Looks like you've colour matched the brake pads with the paint: red rear and black front. FWIW on ebay Germany Roox stems and period risers to complement your seatpin come up regularly, and at reasonable prices too.

Enjoy!!

IbocProSX":31eaiwy5 said:
Looks like you've colour matched the brake pads with the paint: red rear and black front.

I don't know if it was Stu's intention to mimic, or whether he was colour coding to the paint, but Konas with Ritchey brakes came setup like that in any case. My Kil had exactly that pad setup when it was new.

Stu, looking sweet! See if you can find some sunshine to photograph it in!

Hot

Cheers lads :D very pleased with it myself. Hadn't even noticed the colour coordination, was just copying the setup that was originally on my Kilauea. Geoff i live in Scotland hence i rarely see sunshine in fact i'm sure summer only lasted about 4 days this year. As for the roox stuff iboc, if you're into it check the link below. loads of stuff there, all new though but i do love those cranks.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/gueser66_ ... 911.c0.m14

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back