Mikes' Cougar : Finished, and first ride

Re:

Thanks mate ;)

Didn't have to do a great deal really, just bolt stuff on! :LOL: :cool:

Mike

Re:

Wow this is a heck of a bump... but.....

I now own this frame, it has been with me for a little while as I needed to figure out what kind of build I wanted. I have been acquiring Dura Ace 7400 bits and bobs for a while and decided they would suit the Cougar nicely, the plan at that stage was to use indexed down tube shifters, as I have them on my Lloyd Q650 and rather like them. So, the frame was unwrapped and put on a nice pair of Reynolds deep section alloy wheels I very recently got and...... ahhhhh, no down tube shifter bosses BOLX!

So, now I have to either completely change direction, or wait until I can find some 7400 brake lever / shifters at a sensible price. £125 plus £20 P&P from Hungary (currently on ebay) is not my idea of a sensible price.

Re:

I could probably get a pair of 10 speed SRAM Red shifters for that, plus the fact that they have not sold says it all. Still, his stuff so he can advertise it for as much as he likes.

I'll carry on with the build as it is and hope I get lucky with the shifters.

Re:

Spent some time this afternoon cleaning F&R mechs and getting other bits ready.

I have a set of Dura Ace skewers on their way, but for now the Hope's will do the job.

Pichur.

DSC_0017.JPG

Re:

Love the paint on that frameset. A real wrench to sell it, but I know Neil won't make a dog's dinner of it! So no pressure mate! :LOL:

Mike

Re:

Well... now... I may have to make a dogs dinner of it now, just because you said I wouldn't make a dogs dinner.... who am I kidding, with a frame like this, nope, it has to be gorgeous. :mrgreen:

Once I get some shifters. :facepalm:

Back