retro carbon

retrobikeguy":1hrl81ef said:
Hartmann Ram
121_2142.jpg

Beasty MkII
Beastyshot.jpg

Do like the robust lines of the RAM. So far I think a pure tech/robust look is best solution for carbon monocoque. Never saw a really proper done elegant one. New Ibis comes closest.

The Beasty looks so poor built up. Probably the owner saw a nice frame, but ran out of money with building. Do not think the brakes do work properly in their current setup. The seat probably provides as much suspension as the suspension itself. The owner has good taste in garden furniture though, it is exactly like mine.

Elev12k":364k9am7 said:
retrobikeguy":364k9am7 said:
The Beasty looks so poor built up. Probably the owner saw a nice frame, but ran out of money with building. Do not think the brakes do work properly in their current setup. The seat probably provides as much suspension as the suspension itself. The owner has good taste in garden furniture though, it is exactly like mine.

Ok :roll: , I can see what you mean, the frame on that beasty looks like it does deserve a nicer groupset than an LX, to be honest the groupset looks like its all come off a raleigh summit, even the forks look like the RS2 badged versions raleigh bought up for their mid range models, probably a guess that those rims are rigida :idea:

If I took that bike on it would probably go well with XT or something better and stick some marzocchis up front. then stick the LX on a work-horse .

They all testify to the "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" thinking of bike building :roll:

P20 said:
They all testify to the "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" thinking of bike building :roll:

Well, I agree but I saw a guy on a RAM once and he was enthusiastic. I remember it made a strange noise downhilling though. Again, it had carbon forks. Hmmm... probably I would fake enthusiasm too after having paid the cost of that black ovine! :mrgreen:

Not retro but...

Prefer the more 'enginered look', meself....

Neil

Attachments

• BCD Indible.jpg
    BCD Indible.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,108
m16a.jpg

Porsche

colnagobyferrari.jpg

Ferrari

maseratimtb.jpg

Maserati

None of them really vintage though...

Bugatti already did a bike waaaaaaaaaay earlier ...., but by then there wasn't carbon:

fiets3.jpg

Would have done great as Maser too. Because of the 'Birdcage' looks.

Back