Mikes' Cougar : Finished, and first ride

Re:

Looks tops, DA kit looks the business and glad you went with the grey DA outer cable housing. I had reservations on the white pedals but they look good and don't forget to use the cleats with float (red ones) otherwise you might not get comfy :D

Re:

Maiden ride today !

Out the door at 7am, bit a of a fresh easterly then, I can tell you!

2 1/2 hours of hilly riding - well it wouldn't be a Mike ride without hills! - some long and draggy, some short and sharp. With some quiet country lanes as well.
Very pleased with the bike, it works well and looks great!
My only niggle is the handlebars, they're too narrow, at 41 1/2 cm c-c. A bit odd that, as they're normally 40/42/44/46. I don't think they're bent. Also the drops are a bit too shallow for my shovelhands! :LOL: :LOL:

So I'm on the lookout for some more. Anyone out there?

Here's some pics for you,

Mike

Looks lovely Mike, great to see it out and about after all the work putting it together.
Looks a nice part of the world as well, nice riding country.
Can't help with the bars I'm afraid, my standard size is 40 c to c.

Jamie

Re:

Thanks Jamie ;)

Probably not as cold, or picturesque as Scotland, but a nice Spring ride nonetheless.
I was in my Q/S get up too! :cool: :LOL:

Before watching Het Niewsblad, with a cup of tea and a Belgian bun! How appropriate! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

It looks pretty picturesque to me!
It felt like spring up here today too. I got a quick ride in this morning then spent a while building my off roader back up after what turns out to be a iffy repaint. Oh well, but then enjoyed watching the race, best man from the front group won I think, though I would have been equally happy to see Mr Sagan win. Then out for a bite to eat with the family as tomorrows macretro ride is cancelled, so no 5am start. A few hours on the road in the morning before Kurnne in the afternoon.
Best choice in kit mate, Quickstep, with the Merckx backing ;)

Jamie

Re:

I don't do strava Nick, but I was in first gear just before the first photo was taken. 39x23.
Thankfully I didn't get my Quick Step kit dirty Jamie :facepalm: :LOL:

Mike

Back