King Kahuna build advice

i'd just build it with what you've got kicking about then decide what to do
after you've ridden it a bit some bikes seem to suit certain stuff
some don't.
no point in havin it sitting doing nowt.

I've also got a 97 King Kahuna and was having a similar problems deciding which fork to choose from, although my choice is from:

97 Z1 bombers in orange or red 100mm (I have a few collecting dust..)
99 Z2 Superfy in gold/polished 65mm

Its currently got a carbon Girvin on it which has to go!

As the King Kahuna came with a few different length forks with no frame alterations your choice should come down to personal preference - In the end I just got an extra crown race so I can easily switch between the two forks as my mood changes. (Z1s for the look and Z2s for the odd retro race).

As for the cranks my came with a yellow Raceface Turbines and a matching yellow Raceface stem (which go with the yellow frame stickers) so I don't think the Deus will look out of place. Try it and see.

When I find time to get mine back together I'll post a picture or two for comparison. :)

Wooo Hooo!!! It arrived today.

Think I'm gonna go with the Fox F100RLC fork I have. I can always drop the travel down to 80mm if its a bit slack. Race Face cranks will also go on it as theyre too nice not to use.

ykhtls.jpg

ykhtl5.jpg

Very nice mate, very nice :D .

I see that the rear mech cable is routed via the down tube, all my cable guides are on the top tube. Difference in years I guess, mine's a '98 what year is yours?

which forks

I used to have a 97 Hei Hei and ran it with 80mm SIDs, in hindsight I wish I'd run it with 100mm forks. The Frame should be plenty strong enough to run the 100mm forks.

stevek":2vpmz134 said:
Very nice mate, very nice :D .

I see that the rear mech cable is routed via the down tube, all my cable guides are on the top tube. Difference in years I guess, mine's a '98 what year is yours?

Cheers dude. Its a 97 frame so I guess it is just a difference in year. I used to ride a 98 Muni Mula which had top tube cable routing.

Anyway the cable gudes might not get used as I may have to singlespad it after seeing yours.

Cool! Another classic ti S/S!

I ran suss forks on mine for a while but have since gone the whole hog and fitted rigid forks. Elbows are still bearing up OK...

Descents are err... interesting :LOL:

Back