GT Tempest **Finished - Pics & Spec 5/9**

Re: Zaska

Wold Ranger":2rd6hf16 said:
What size Zask' do you need? If I come across one what colour scheme?
Will be unveiling a modern build pre "Moto" Zaskar soon, just needs a few finishing touches.

It would have to be an 18"; 16" is too small. Colour scheme not important really as long as its a Zaskar ;)

Looking forward to your one :D

Added some X-Lite bar ends and GT fork decals, so now just need to get some chainring bolts ans we're done :cool:

Attachments

• Tempest.jpg
    Tempest.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 2,357
Zaskar Moto

:D :D :D Pretty pre Moto model of the Zaskar, handles really well, kept the build modern, as I want to ride it on the local rocky trails, has all the cnc work on the head tube, BB, seat clamp and rear triangle, but the top tube rear is curved not flat, with GT engraved into it, Zaskars are usually flat, but the Decals are........ well not decals, they are the original painted on ones, over sprayed with lacquer, so it is original and the 3pound 10 ounce frame weight decrees it butted. Adjustable fork travel is great for getting the geomatry right.
GTMotoZaskar011.jpg

hey pickle, really like that, it's exactly how i would set up an old skool GT, very similar to my old 96 and 97 zaskars, and psyclone, position wise. the bar ends give it that finished race look, very flat and fast looking.

definately the dogs dangley bits!! :cool: :D

jonnyboy666":2t99uewm said:
hey pickle, really like that, it's exactly how i would set up an old skool GT
definately the dogs dangley bits!! :cool: :D

Thanks mate ;)

Had a XC thrash on it last night, which was the first time I have ridden it around my local trails, and it was like riding a new route!

So bloody quick :shock:

Love the magics!!!

Nice build though I'm not oen to mix and match wheels...all spins or no spins. Everything else looks good :)

GoldenEraMTB":8ga9weu8 said:
Love the magics!!!
Nice build though I'm not oen to mix and match wheels...all spins or no spins. Everything else looks good :)

I'm possibly getting a spare traditional rear wheel from another member on here, so will only use the SPIN for 'best' rides ;)

Don't know how I missed this thread, but myn cap is doft off to you jimmy ma lad :cool:

Very nice build and as you know I don't like the GT's- something to do with owning a timberline in 1993 that weight about 36 lb's- but will try and get a go on a better GT in the near future to see if I still don't like 'em.

Latest posts

Back