The Rumpfy Collection. Current Muses

John":2x0taf4z said:
Anthony":2x0taf4z said:
John":2x0taf4z said:
Taking Tonys suggestion further maybe we could run a rumpfy vs carsten vs jez botm.

The only downside of that would be to introduce an element of personal competition, whereas I thought it would just be interesting for Rumpfy as well as for us to see which one of his bikes was most admired and coveted by his fellow Retrobikers. Funnily enough, it wouldn't be the BotY Raleigh for me, even though that is such a perfect recreation and has such historical significance, because I don't see it as the 'best' bike in the first place.

That's not to say that there shouldn't be a Carsten's BotM at some point, I agree that there should. One of the nice things about showcasing a particular collection is that, in replying to comments made during the voting, the owner could provide us with a running commentary about the bikes in a non-competitive atmosphere and that would be a really interesting way to add to our understanding of the early history of mountain biking.

Just my own humble thoughts, obviously!

Maybe I should have put one of these at he end of my post > ;)

We have no intention of running a BoTM for one person (or even three people) only. As Rumpfy suggests it might not be that interesting for others....

...as great as I think I am... :D :p ;)

Personally, I think my collection is...ok. I know its decent, but there are a lot better collections out there. Cleaner. More rare. More significant. Always someone better.

Carsten":20icfgte said:
John":20icfgte said:
Taking Tonys suggestion further maybe we could run a rumpfy vs carsten vs jez botm.

please, i beg to differ... my bikes are in a different league ;)

Carsten

The 'this bike doesn't fit me' league? ;)

Which of your vintage bikes are your riders...or rather, which do you like the ride of best?

rumpfy":1nrrqmrb said:
Carsten":1nrrqmrb said:
John":1nrrqmrb said:

Carsten

Which of your vintage bikes are your riders...or rather, which do you like the ride of best?

i have only one MTB rider, my 96 Pulse 2. i have it since new and simply dont want and need another rider. love the bike, love the ride and would replace it with the same if it would break or got stolen.

i have ridden plenty of other bikes but always happily got back to the Pulse. and to be honest, i am more a roadie anyways ;)

yeah, at 6'4" some of my collection bikes would not fit me but a couple of them would. but i did not get them with the intention to ride them. you wouldnt buy a painting just because it fits the space you have on the wall, right? art comes in many different forms and who's the one to judge what's right or wrong...

Carsten

Carsten":28w532qo said:
rumpfy":28w532qo said:
Carsten":28w532qo said:
John":28w532qo said:

Carsten

i have only one MTB rider, my 96 Pulse 2. i have it since new and simply dont want and need another rider. love the bike, love the ride and would replace it with the same if it would break or got stolen.

i have ridden plenty of other bikes but always happily got back to the Pulse. and to be honest, i am more a roadie anyways ;)

yeah, at 6'4" some of my collection bikes would not fit me but a couple of them would. but i did not get them with the intention to ride them. you wouldnt buy a painting just because it fits the space you have on the wall, right? art comes in many different forms and who's the one to judge what's right or wrong...

Carsten

It just means that there is little overlap in our collecting...which is good for both of us! :)

That Epic is lovely...great collection of bikes, you're very lucky!!! :shock: :cool:

Great collection. How long did it take to aquire all of it?

Sorry if this was already asked, as I did not read the entire thread. Thanks

GoldenEraMTB":vrgk0ji4 said:
Great collection. How long did it take to aquire all of it?

Sorry if this was already asked, as I did not read the entire thread. Thanks

You should read it all, it´s a very interesting thread. ;) ;)

Anyway, Eric says on his 1st post that it took 5 to 8 years to collect everything.

Don't know what to say! I don't want to go over the top and make a fool of myself.

Will you be my husband? We can enjoy your collection together.

Al. :D

p.s. I am a man!! But i can cook 'n' stuff. ;)

Back