my new secret project unveiled!!! explosif updated 13.10.08

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i sold this bike to a friend 14 years ago!! it's a 92 explosif pro!! groupset was abit mix and match when i sold it, dx/xt/xtr, it was full xtr when i had it but another mate wanted the 8speed xtr bits so swap and cash at the time suited me hence the dx/xt/xtr mix now. i had bought it as a frame only in 94 when it had been hung up in GA cycles for 2 years (the shop i later came to run!) got it for £250 back then. the recent owner, one sir kev of durkin, (promised i'd mention him!!) thanks kev, has lovingly taken care of her all these years and decided he needed a newer steed hence selling her back to me!! :D :D :D :D

there will be a few changes in the near future but here are the initial pics!! so glad to have got this bike back, just need my old psyclone now!! :D there are always bikes you later regret selling!

Attachments

• explosif!! 001resize.jpg
    explosif!! 001resize.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 2,038
  • explosif!! 002resize.jpg
    explosif!! 002resize.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 2,038
  • explosif!! 006resize.jpg
    explosif!! 006resize.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2,038
Hi Jon.... no orange content ? :D
Only joking.... great to get one of your own back. You can recreate your old ride ( like I did with the black "O" ) but there's nothing like having the real thing. I've been trying to convince the guy I sold my Muni Mula to that it would be a good idea to sell it back to me.... no joy yet! :D
Look forward to the updates.

Cheers,
boy"O"boy

hey ben,

gonna try for m900 xtr if i can, really nice to have it back!

gotta go, woo-ing the ex tonight!! the other 1 that got away 6 years ago! see if i can go 2 for 2!!! wish me luck!! :D :D

right, have made some changes today although limited by what bits i have around but just wanted to get it back to more my style. lost the barends for the mo just because the bar is really narrow and with the ends it made it even more obvious, replaced the ahead converter and kore stem and replaced the originally fitted by me control tech stem, also replaced the slicks with bontrager jones tyres, next thing is to start searching out either m900 xtr or maybe xt coz it's running 7 speed set up so it might be easier.

here's a couple more pics, had a little short spin on it and rides really nice and it's a bloody quick bike aswel, so glad i got it back! :D :D :D

Attachments

• kona 001resize.jpg
    kona 001resize.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,915
  • kona 002resize.jpg
    kona 002resize.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,915
  • kona 003resize.jpg
    kona 003resize.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,915
done some retro mods on the weapon! :D got some dx canti's for it and some m900 brake levers, the proper kona rear cable hanger ( thanks to guybe! :D ) also fitted the flexstem, not to everyones taste i know but i like it and it solved the cable hnge problem upfront!

the wheels and the gearset are the next thing to sort out, i want m900 hubs/wheels and xtr mechs (rear now on way) the bits that will come off are earmarked for other projects already but those projects need painting first so this can stay built so i can ride it!

just thought i'd let you guys see her progressing or should that be regressing? :D

Attachments

• bikepics 007resize.jpg
    bikepics 007resize.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,649
  • bikepics 006resize.jpg
    bikepics 006resize.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,649
  • bikepics 008resize.jpg
    bikepics 008resize.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,649
Back