Serotta familly

mojo ti

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
For me Ben Serotta is great weldmaster and MTB very rare.
Use same best tubes Ancotech design for Ibis by Gary Helfrich and hupgrade on C4TI, better MTB tubeset ever made.

Re: Re:

M-Power":2g0jssvi said:
Serotta Ti Max ... A total dream bike :cool: So how does it ride ?

Ti -Max is my best bike, is an excellent compromise between comfort and stiffness .

My list of the best titanium Hardtail :
1- Serotta Ti-Max
2- Ibis Mojo Ti
3- Fat Chance Titanium
4- Merlin XLM
5- Voodoo D-Jab
... :roll:

Re:

mojo ti":9j38qg52 said:
M-Power":9j38qg52 said:

Ti -Max is my best bike, is an excellent compromise between comfort and stiffness .

1- Serotta Ti-Max
2- Ibis Mojo Ti
3- Fat Chance Titanium
4- Merlin XLM
5- Voodoo D-Jab

Great bikes. I'm back to lacking a Ti bike in my collection. The TiMax is tops in my list.

What are your impressions of the onza tires? I am about to order a set to try on my retro bikes. I like the skinwalls/volume and I'd like something with better performance the smoke and dart classics.

mojo ti":1ofs1v0a said:
M-Power":1ofs1v0a said:

1- Serotta Ti-Max
2- Ibis Mojo Ti
3- Fat Chance Titanium
4- Merlin XLM
5- Voodoo D-Jab

That's what I'd expect. That's a rare combo on Ti frames. Too many from that era suffer from excessive flex in the BB and compromised handling. When the Serotta welders took over building Fats, when Fat City Cycles moved to Glenn Falls, the welds were still fantastic. Only ever owned a T Max but that was one hell of a bike to ride.

M-Power":2mumeyos said:
That's what I'd expect. That's a rare combo on Ti frames. Too many from that era suffer from excessive flex in the BB and compromised handling. When the Serotta welders took over building Fats, when Fat City Cycles moved to Glenn Falls, the welds were still fantastic. Only ever owned a T Max but that was one hell of a bike to ride.

why your T Max was a hell ride ?

I do not complain of stiffness BB, is true for early 1990 .
Serotta and Fat Chance are butted frames, internal and tapered for Serotta, external for Fat Chance .
The result is completely different .

jimi911":25jzn1uu said:
What are your impressions of the onza tires? I am about to order a set to try on my retro bikes. I like the skinwalls/volume and I'd like something with better performance the smoke and dart classics.

Onza are very good tire, modern performance and retro looking.

Back