Kona (Explosif?) ID Please...

Re: Neither use nor...

mrkawasaki":34kizd56 said:
Anthony - I thought you, of all people, would at least be able to answer the question - 'why???'
You're right of course, it was so cheap I might as well make a wind chime out of it... ;-)
Mr K
I shall try to take that insult in my stride Mr K!

In general I only know interesting things. Although whether they're interesting to anybody else on the planet is of course another matter. But a potential answer to many otherwise unanswerable questions about Kona IMPO can often be 'in order to save twopence'.

Moving Parts

Hey - no insult intended there Anthony... take your point on the penny pinching - is that a Canadian stereotype??

The Explosif is fast emerging as the winter replacement for the HH KK - just completed in time for Sunday's Mary Townley Loop. Trying to keep any bling down to an absolute minimum - only leftover parts deployed! No glamorous BoTM future for this humble steed... :)

Thx to Ed for the Ritchey Logics.

Mr K

Attachments

• Winter hack 1.jpg
    Winter hack 1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,522
  • Winter Hack 2.jpg
    Winter Hack 2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,521

Maiden voyage on the budget Explosif - 47 miles of the Mary Townley loop starting in Rossendale. Bike hung together really well - some cable stretch, a loose head set and a slipping seat post was all to report after the best part of 8 1/2 hours in the saddle. Even the Mag 21s held their 14 year old air!

A good, compliant ride, gets remarkable traction too on the fabulous Mr Dirt and The Cleaner tyres. Looking forward to some tests against the Ti version...

Mr K

Attachments

• MT 1 2008.jpg
    MT 1 2008.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,466
  • MT 2008 2.jpg
    MT 2008 2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,464
That's retrobiking for you. You could have spent a couple of thou on a new bike and I doubt whether you'd have enjoyed that ride any better.

Back