caustic acid from DIY shops?

guybe

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just wondered if you can buy caustic acid/solution from the DIY shops? as I need to get the black ano colour off on one of my items to bare metal silver colour.

Go to the supermarket and look at the bottles of Mr Muscle sink and plughole unblocker and the like. Lots of them are, essentially, solutions of caustic soda.

:oops: Sorry Guy, always meant to reply. I used an industrial caustic solution. But when I got round to replying I was going to mention an old thread that suggested a good method. I'll try to find it.

use decent ventilation as the fumes can burn your lung walls...so dont breath it in...or have it drip on your skin.did some ski bends a few years ago and ive still got the scars :x

gibbleking":3g59a132 said:
use decent ventilation as the fumes can burn your lung walls...so dont breath it in...or have it drip on your skin.did some ski bends a few years ago and ive still got the scars :x

bloody hell :shock:

I will be def doing it outside and got googles, face mask and gloves in the garage for it, after reading it, you got me nervous doing them!

REKIBorter":b9dugz0r said:
Ask Neilll about his adventures with caustic soda :shock:

Here are the before and after shots.

425.freddy.obama.061807.jpg

;)

Back