RRotM - Retro rider of the month - Jan - Something Different

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so good at the technology, so a picture won't appear, but his name was Laurent Patrick Fignon.
He won an Italian race twice too, the second one finished in style - on his own of course.
I didn't mention 1983, the rumour of the 'lucky' win didn't allow it!
Richie

Re:

There you go ;)

Mike

Attachments

• Laurent Fignon.jpg
    Laurent Fignon.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 9,127
Re: Re:

bigfatron":t52t4q9g said:
That's a proper treat.
A French superstar on a genuine Raleigh Dynatech!
Richie
I actually thought the blue and yellow gitanes were the prettier bike. I tried to copy that look on my MB Dronfield back then

Jamiedyer":1klcpyky said:
Remember though that it doesn't have to just be road racers, it can be anyone to do with old machines
Jamie

Hmmmmm............

There is one other............

Ernesto, mechanic, builder..........

23941468454_35f7e1ee67.jpg

24543466906_2c68396f55_o.jpg

Legend

Moser - When I was young , I was taken to the ICA in London to see the film 'A Sunday in Hell ', the bit where Moser glides over the cobbles across to the break, was and still is the most impressive display of style and bike handling I've witnessed . I left awe inspired and started the first of my 11 season of road racing in that Spring.

pigman":3b0c6bhd said:
bigfatron":3b0c6bhd said:
That's a proper treat.
Richie
I actually thought the blue and yellow gitanes were the prettier bike. I tried to copy that look on my MB Dronfield back then

Have you got any pictures of your MB? I worked there in '93 and used to be in Rutland C.C.

399road":1invvsra said:
pigman":1invvsra said:
bigfatron":1invvsra said:
That's a proper treat.
Richie

Have you got any pictures of your MB? I worked there in '93 and used to be in Rutland C.C.
No fraid not, no pics but it was before your time back in the 80's anyhow.
Vernon didn't have yellow transfers, so he painted the bike blue and the transfers were from Peak Cycles in Matlock. I used to do that back then, new respray each year with a different look.

A lot of quality in this months nominations so the poll will be interesting.
Entries will close later tonight after which the poll will go up for 5 days.
Any last minute entries should get themselves uploaded quickly.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back