Sunn frame and bits.

jimihendrix

MacRetro Rider
Made a start on this now the LTS is up and running, went for this as it seemed unusual, was very reasonably priced and i like the colour :)

It's an 18" frame but seems very compact like a Kona, centre B/B to centre top tube is something like 16" but will suit me fine.

Got a new Kalloy Syncros copy seat post with it, dug out my old Rockshock Indy's, not the best of forks but they are still like new
inside and seem to work well so i may as well use them, re-painted
them white yesterday, unsure weather to get new standard stickers for them or get some custom Sunn ones made ?

Wheels arrived yesterday too, blue Hope front hub, XT rear Mavic
rims with blue nips, plan to build it up with the brakes and drive train
off the Clockwork and see how it compares (can't ride two at once anyway :) ), tyres and chainrings on the Clockwork will clash being
red so going for blue chainrings and blue wall Pannaracers to keep the blue and white theme.

Other bits are Syncros stem and grips, blue USE bars, and a Flyte saddle.

I have the headtube badge for the frame, just needs stuck on properly.

Anyone know how to pronounce Xicuit though :LOL:

sunnfront.jpg

sunnside.jpg

hopehub.jpg

That is nice chap. Should look pretty slick when built up :cool: . Funnily enough I was looking at Sunn's yesterday and saw the one on gumtree, future project methinks, quite like the cruisers.

There was a sunn notion that went on ebay yesterday, Really liked the look of it but couldnt find any info on it and it went pretty cheap too.

jimihendrix":1y6hkg3e said:
I thought it was Xircuit and it was pronounced pretty much the way we pronounce Circuit? Or maybe with a Somerset accent? Presumably sounds good if you're French?

Anthony":tcu3t4nk said:
jimihendrix":tcu3t4nk said:
I thought it was Xircuit and it was pronounced pretty much the way we pronounce Circuit? Or maybe with a Somerset accent? Presumably sounds good if you're French?

Yeah, i've been saying Zircuit, going by the Citroen Xantia as that's pronounced Zantia, or maybe it's pronounced EX-ir-cut :? , the more thought i give it the dafter it sounds :LOL:

Back