1994 Claud Butler Vantage - show room condition :)

Hi guys, new to this site, but I love it! I'm 34 so most of the bikes on here were bikes i knew very well in the day!
I came across some thing interesting just last week whilst at a friends mum's house.....
Whilst helping move some heavy items in her garage a bike under a blanket caught my eye, I questioned my friend as to why his OAP mum has a mountain bike in her garage????? he replied she had owned it for many years - only used once he recalls as the saddle was uncomfortable!
I revealed the bike - stood before me was a bike I still own though heavily modified (pictures to follow soon)....anyway I was presented with a 1994 Claud Butler Vantage in 'as new condition' still with the paper Multi Condition Shimano sticker attached to the front brake, and also the alignment pink sticker stuck to the Exage front mech!!!!
All the nobles are still on the tyres, original grease present on all the threads......
I not sure what you guys think of the frame? I still believe it is a great cross country frame, the stiffness of the rear and the way your power is delievered to the rear wheels is unlike any other frame I have used!

I now have the bike stood in my own front room as a nod to the past! but I am no collector so it could be bought for the right sensible offer!

Attachments

• DSCN1742.JPG
    DSCN1742.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 3,182
  • DSCN1743.JPG
    DSCN1743.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 3,181
  • DSCN1744.JPG
    DSCN1744.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 3,182
may not be clauds finest, but very very original and cool as fek!!!!!

love it, they were produced a stones through from my village so a soft spot for these for sure

get it ridden :twisted:

Now there's a blast from the past, I had one of those bikes.

Don't remember much about it though, only the pant job, Exage kit and that it got nicked about 6 months after I got it :roll:

Great find, now go get it muddy!

Re: Awesome bike!!!

I have owned mine since i was 13, i am 36 now and i still use it. Up until yesterday, i had only had to replace a rear tyre and rear brake blocks. But yesterday after 23 years of use, the cable to my rear derailiure has snapped. Gonna hang on to mine as i have heard these bikes, along with the Claud Butler Virage (same bike, different name) and Townsend Phobos (same bike, different name and colour) these will rise in value!

Re: Awesome bike!!!

paulgallagher1979":145at6g6 said:
I have owned mine since i was 13, i am 36 now and i still use it. Up until yesterday, i had only had to replace a rear tyre and rear brake blocks. But yesterday after 23 years of use, the cable to my rear derailiure has snapped. Gonna hang on to mine as i have heard these bikes, along with the Claud Butler Virage (same bike, different name) and Townsend Phobos (same bike, different name and colour) these will rise in value!

Um - you're 'sposed to replace them once in a while. :facepalm:

Still got my Claud Butler Vantage, it is a 1995 iirc and I have had it from new :)

Different paint job to this, a rather boring ice blue but it has served me very well.

Latest posts

Back