Karakoram Kommuter

see, you've done the same as me! a commuter bike shouldn't be too nice! but that's gonna be really nice!! i mean check out the polished fork crown!! we just can't help ourselves can we!! :LOL:

miss my karakorum, sold the frame and some other bits to my knob of a brother, who then left it in his back garden and guess what, in the morning it wasn't there, it was the red one, from about '98 i think, damn nice bike. shame. :(

Just checked, sorry, only a 27.2 spare :roll:

Are you sure yours is a 26.8 as it turned out my Tempest was a 27.2 :?

Pickle":1uwsav1a said:
Just checked, sorry, only a 27.2 spare :roll:

Are you sure yours is a 26.8 as it turned out my Tempest was a 27.2 :?

Yeah, I've got a 27.2 and tried it with no luck also posted a query a while back and the consensus was 26.8. Of course I could measure it, but that would be a bit easy :)

Actually, I can help you in the post department ;)

Just sold my LTS so the Kalloy post will be available (check the thread in my sig).

Let me know if it suits.....IIRC 320mm

Cheers guys, looking for a black one though. Theres a ebay shop selling tioga's that look pretty good but in no major hurry, hangin out for something a bit retro.

Doh!

The post was o/e from my RTS so defo retro and was black. But it got a bit 'tired' and scratched so I polished it up :roll:

I agree with Jonnyboy, that's going to be damned nice for a commuter :cool: , why i could never have a hack bike, even that would need to have fancy bits on it :LOL:

BTW if you go for a USE post i have a 25-26.8 shim, i've offered it to Gaz so if he passes it's there if ya need it ;)

Cheers buddy :cool: I'll keep it in mind.

Yeah, I had promised to build this as cheap as possible and use it but I've already splurged on brakes which led to new shifters, oh and new bars and a saddle and a new seat collar :roll: :roll: :roll: all of which I had. In fact I also have an alloy GT frame and a set of manitou's, so didin't need this either :LOL:

Back