pace!!

That will explain the use of a DT Swiss rear shock on the new Pace suspension frame tested in a few of the Mags last month.

Crazy... Crazy... Looks like the days of calling them for the Random old Skool bit that you have broken or need to fit to modify an old product may be gone. I like the fact that i've been able to call them, somone rummage around for ten mins and then call you back to say 'Yes.. i've got one here I found in a parts bin from 6 years ago'. The rawness of the products and the function over form may be swallowed up by mass produced Taiwaneese goods with a Pace badge... :cry:

pace

Hmm... at least DT is not one of those big numbers manifacturers... They should ensure quality continuity.
Bad to hear about a British icon getting Swiss, though, I'm an Italian sentimental and can't forget those first sexy carbon forks with front and rear braces which systematically graced the front end of those Merlins we were salivating after.
Hey, do you know that Rock Shox bought Spring, an Italian fork factory, only to close it? They bought the factory and ensured Spring owners the distribution of RS forx in Italy under condition that they stopped R & D on their own.
I've never been good at Monopoly.... :(

Tranquility Base":1ey0xz1q said:
I can't agree that they're selling out.
The guys behind the company have been at it for a hell of a long time.

Have they? Pace was founded in 1987. I'm no economist but I think that 19 years isn't that long. Perhaps in MTB circles its one of the oldest, but it's not a long time really.

There are many many companies that survive a lot longer than that without being seduced by a juicy offer from a large corporation.

I want to retire asap , so to be honest if I had a company worth a lot of money I ll sell . :LOL:

cchris2lou":8hd1q2zv said:
I want to retire asap , so to be honest if I had a company worth a lot of money I ll sell . :LOL:

Defo, and then start up another cool company using the money you'd made.. :cool:

a bit sad but thats the global economy we live in.
but lets face it they haven't been "pace" for some years now,since they
started having stuff made in taiwan.but if they did'nt move with the times
they might have shut up years ago
lets hope the old stuff is still supported in some way for a while.
but they have made a hell of a contribution to our pastime.
mike

Yeah, me too. I just get annoyed at how the UK's engineering base is being dismantled, not just in the bike industry.

Its a shame that as a country we don't realise any more how valuable it is to have a good manufacturing base at the heart of the economy.

People are too keen on the get rich quick idea. Its bad, and we're heading for a fall.

"Pace Cycles Ltd. continues to manufacture and sell frames, clothing and its other products under the Pace brand. The companies have agreed that after the transition period production of forks will be relocated to the DT Swiss factory in Switzerland, after which Pace will become the exclusive UK Distributor of the full range of DT Swiss suspension products as well as continuing its renowned suspension technical, spares and service support in the UK. "

sounds like a winner to me, Aidy stays on to consult, service and spares still has a big UK base and we get swiss tolerance implementation of Aidy's designs, until they take over completely. (can't be a bad thing given the past 12months up and downs with quality).

Apparently DT have tried to make a fork for ages . the have a few models due out in a few months .

Latest posts

Back