RRotM - Retro rider of the month - Jan - Something Different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamiedyer":3vbxs6l4 said:
And Barry, I am just starting Geronimo as I got it with one of my Christmas vouchers :)

Jamie

It was a Christmas present for me too. :xmas-big-grin:

Great read. Had me nearly crying with laughter a few times.

Re:

For me it's a good friend of mine who has won countless national champs a 50 & 100 mile record holder & a true legend in the sport of Time Trialling - Ian Cammish

there is only one rider I can think of - one of my all time heroes: Sean Kelly

Attachments

• kelly.jpg
    kelly.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 6,784
Re:

This has to be the hardest month!

There have been so many heroes for me. Bugno, Kelly, Jaja, Museew, Tafi, Indurain, Bartoli, Ballerini, Duclos, to name some of them. Then the workers, Yates and Wilfred Peeters But beating them all, for me it has to be,

Maurizio Fondriest!

Mike

Attachments

• Maurizio Fondriest.jpg
    Maurizio Fondriest.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 6,773
  • Fondriest on the Poggio.jpg
    Fondriest on the Poggio.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 6,773
Some good choices here for sure :)
Everything is going good so far :) I thought this might not be so well received as its a bit different for rBotM.
There are so many choices and influences, people who inspired or you looked up to. Everybody has their favourites and I would imagine this varies depending on the years you enjoyed or witnessed the most. Even I keep umming and aahhing over my own choice but I keep coming back to the same one.
Certainly the poll is already looking like it will have something for everyone.

Jamie

Re:

Seeing as Mr Kelly has gone I will go with another inspirational rider from my misspent youth :LOL:

Phil Bayton (The Staffordshire Engine)

I just seem to remember week on week during the late 70's and early 80's reading about Phil winning just about everything on the domestic scene, I also tried (mostly in vain) to model my riding style on his piston like style.

Love the second picture real retro memories :D

Attachments

• 1_early_bayton-594x500.jpg
    1_early_bayton-594x500.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 6,752
  • 9_bayton_late_career_R.jpg
    9_bayton_late_career_R.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 6,752
Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":3gecvff2 said:
This has to be the hardest month!

There have been so many heroes for me. Bugno, Kelly, Jaja, Museew, Tafi, Indurain, Bartoli, Ballerini, Duclos, to name some of them. Then the workers, Yates and Wilfred Peeters But beating them all, for me it has to be,

Maurizio Fondriest!

Mike

51 today!!! :D (Maurizio that is, not me)

CYxPc07WkAAY5Zt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back