1992 Rocky Mountain Cirrus

Corduroyboy":1dn3cmz0 said:
neilll":1dn3cmz0 said:
RockiMtn":1dn3cmz0 said:
if i find just a set of crank arms, would my XT chainrings fit on them?

Yes if they are 110 bcd (your rings most likely are, just make sure you buy 110 bcd cranks ;) )

Those XT cranks are compact. ;)

yeah, thanks. i've been researching a lot these last few weeks. i've figured out that part of it. 94BCD right? i've got a set of Turbine IB coming to me, also compact rings, to replace them. and no thanks to finding this forum, i've blown a wad of money getting other parts to upgrade! :p

i'll hopefully post some pics soon, sans mudguards ... plus some new bits on the rig. just a matter of waiting for everything to arrive in the mail. :)

just a quick question if anyone can answer. i have another set of wheels on another bike, with a XTR M900 rear cassette i believe. can they be used with my current setup? reason i'm asking is that i tried throwing the rear on once or twice but it doesn't seem too smooth. is it cuz of the different ratio with compact and standard drivetrain? or perhaps it's different chains used in XTR M900 and my compact XT M737?

*bump* for new photos! :D

haven't gotten around to installing new hardware i've gotten. that will have to wait till next round of pics.

RockiMtn":3snra2bn said:
neilll":3snra2bn said:
Looking very nice.....must get mine built :oops: :oops:

com'on neilll, what's going on? i thought you got most of the parts you needed?

I think I've got ALL the parts I need.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Serious motivation is required to finish polishing the frame....then it will get built very very fast.

This thread has really floated my boat as I bought the Experience model frame from here a few days back. Should be with me later in the week. I must admit that I thought they were a bit ugly at first but they have really grown on me (hence I snapped the experience up). I now find them really unique and eye catching.

Your Cirrus is absolutely stunning, especially with those AMP forks. I was planning on mine being rigid but after seeing your's I might have to rethink.

sinnett177":31sldclz said:
This thread has really floated my boat as I bought the Experience model frame from here a few days back. Should be with me later in the week. I must admit that I thought they were a bit ugly at first but they have really grown on me (hence I snapped the experience up). I now find them really unique and eye catching.

Your Cirrus is absolutely stunning, especially with those AMP forks. I was planning on mine being rigid but after seeing your's I might have to rethink.

Nice frame that Experience - been around a bit now! Was Matt on here before it was mine, before I moved it on. Matt had it from new, so you know where its been!

neilll":hucfcdmn said:
RockiMtn":hucfcdmn said:
neilll":hucfcdmn said:
Looking very nice.....must get mine built :oops: :oops:

com'on neilll, what's going on? i thought you got most of the parts you needed?

I think I've got ALL the parts I need.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Serious motivation is required to finish polishing the frame....then it will get built very very fast.

ah yes, you have to polish that frame of yours after stripping off the nasty coat of paint that was on it. how bad a polish does it need? i'm guessing it's been roughed up quite a bit to have been painted?

sinnett177":3f4a6fx1 said:

yeah, i was eye'ing the Experience that was posted for sale here but it would be large for me. if it was a size smaller, i would have considered buying it, even though it's across the ocean! :)

thanks. i think the amp fork is a perfect match for the frame. i know it might not be the best performing fork out there. but it's super light, takes the edge off when XC'ing and compliments the frame to a Tee, both in geometry, styling and finish.

good luck with the Experience, and share some progress/finished pics!

doing some upgrades, still WIP but thought i'd share and get some opinions. replaced my old cracked x-rays with some NOS. thought i'd upgrade the levers and change up the grips as well. i love the blue grips and the red levers, but not sure i'm loving the combination of the two. what do ppl think???

really wanted clear grips but not having any luck. well actually i did. i got a hold of a NOS set of Answer logo grips (for X-rays) but when i went to install it, the rubber tore! :cry: at least the store was kind enough to refund my purchase including shipping.

any chance i can "glue/melt" them back together? :LOL:

thanx goes out to theboy for sending me the yeti clear gripshift covers.

Attachments

• grip1.jpg
    grip1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 2,121
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 2,121
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2,120
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg