WTD: M950 gear barrel adjuster

RickTheUncivil

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I got some shifters a while back from a forum user, cant do much with them as yet. On the shifter, the ickle barrel adjuster for the gear cable, as shown below (black arrow), is missing on one unit. Its in two parts with the outer sleeve unthreaded it just slides in and locks into a slot (red arrow) then the threaded adjuster sits in there. I'm guessing its the same on the 950 / 951 /952 but not sure.

Anyone got a spare adjuster? Or a duff shifter they can pillage? Or a workaround?

Attachments

• xtr sti1.JPG
    xtr sti1.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 732
Re:

I haven't a clue, but do you think the thread could be the same as the adjuster on a rear mech....?? Only I have a bag of those in the workshop....just saying.....could be made to work as a bodge job possibly? ;)

Re:

Part of the problem is there is no thread, the 'female' threaded bit slides in to the shifter housing, see the bit with the little lump and the slot in the shifter? The 'male' threaded bit would be easy, but with nothing to thread into I'm into real bodge territory if I can't get the right part.

Its the bit here with the red arrow. The blue arrow bits are fairly common.
The normal barrel threads into this outer sleeve with the notch, which slides into the shifter.
see the second photo to see that detail. Stupid idea....

Attachments

• barrel1.jpg
    barrel1.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 664
  • barrel2.jpg
    barrel2.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 664
They are not all the same, I have some 950/952 with nice threaded adjusters and a pair
of 950 with those plastic things.

Back