Any legal experts? Possibly been ripped off....

Max P":2x95873g said:
As Pickle says, then if no joy issue a small claim - just been through the procedure for someone who did a PP chargeback for a frame they had received.

This is simple as anything now and done via the Government website (Money Claim Online). Takes an hour costs, £25. All done on-line. If he does not pay when (if) found against then issue a CCJ (County Court Judgement) - no extra cost. If he ignores that his credit rating is totally ****ed.

If he still ignores that then next step is Bailiff's etc. Again all done on-line but will cost around £50 more.

See here for the full details:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

whats a paypal charge back how do they work as im selling my frame now how do you stop people doing it

If people pay by credit card and tell the credit card co. that the goods were never received (even if they were - fraudulently) then the CC co' and PP will refund them. Seller loses everything. Even as a business seller with 8 years + ebay/PP I got zero support. You must make sure that the item is signed for then PP will (probably) offer some help. Make sure it is insured for your benefit too.

As above all additional costs of a Money Claim online will fall to the defendant if guilty. My £100 claim is currently a £300 potential cost to the defendant. Still debating whether to send the baliffs in...

And amt27 makes a good point. In the letter add that if he fails to do the work witin a fair period you will have another company do it and then sue him for the payment + ancillary costs. All this will be claimable via Money Claim online.

It is worth calling the bailiffs department at the court to see if he is known to them, in some cases they will know from previous visits that it is pointless visiting his address's to try and take anything. If he is known to them don't waste your money with small claims. TS although usually useless may know if anyone else has taken him to court and got any money, it is not enough to win the case if you still don't get paid.

Alternatively the police do get results but don't accept their usual "it's a civil matter sir" keep hounding and pressurising them until they do their job and eventually they will pay a visit to the guy or at least make a phone call to him.

Unfortunately for you the bailiffs have little power against someone who knows how the law works.

whats the company? i might know him have lots of contacts in the car world including a few people that are a nightmare to get stuff back from!

Think i'll be using money claim online very soon.
Still bullsh1tting me, still no wheel. Just phoned the couriers who have no record of the item ever ebing sent - he claims its stuck at their hub. All bizarre.

Guess i'll claim for the total cost of wheel and tyre. Will i need his home address?

billinjah":1ckfcpsl said:
whats the company? i might know him have lots of contacts in the car world including a few people that are a nightmare to get stuff back from!
On the off chance you know him the company is called 'Wheel Bright' although I think it's one fellow trading on his own who gets his mates to do the actual work. Based in sevenoaks kent.

John":y5v00znu said:
billinjah":y5v00znu said:
On the off chance you know him the company is called 'Wheel Bright' although I think it's one fellow trading on his own who gets his mates to do the actual work. Based in sevenoaks kent.

i ll ask my father in law , he owns a garage in the area . ;)

cchris2lou":2c7oexky said:
John":2c7oexky said:
billinjah":2c7oexky said:

i ll ask my father in law , he owns a garage in the area . ;)

that would be useful. cheers chris!

So. Looks like legal recourse is the way to go.

Spoke to CAB, small claims it is.

He produced a duff tracking number which has staved off the inevitable for a couple of days. Bizarrely still answering emails and texts and inisisting the courier has it despite not being able to produce a tracking number and them having no record.

Just spoke to the dealer today about a replacement wheel. Each wheel retails at £370 :shock: then of course I'll have to replace the nearly new Pirelli P-Zero Rosso tyre :roll:

If someone is slow sending you an innertube this week out the classifieds please don't PM me. You will get no sympathy ;)

Back