Really weak bike related claims to fame

Stood next to and chatted with Henri Toivonen's dad at the flying finish of the Grizedale stage of the 77 RAC Rally......

Er, sorry. Thought we'd morphed into really weak rallying claims to fame there.

I used to be in charge of cycle Health and Safety policy and training cycle mechanics for a certain big company who delivers letters in the UK..... On Pashley Bike's which were death traps..... Have I just been sued for liable.

Had Breakfast with Tracey Mosley once.. :shock:

Hahaha she was a mate of an ex-girlfriend's housemate, she came round for brekker one day.. Now that is tenuous.. ;)

Good mates with Alex & Dan of Dirty Habit fame..

jennifer johnston offered me a glucose sweet once. :p
and crawford carrick anderson showed us some lines at inners a few years
ago 95/96
mikee

erm... working on bike mags has helped a bit but these are my faves

1) rode and hung out with tomac
2) stayed at hans reys place and rode laguna with him
3) rode and hung out with shaun palmer
4) drove eric carters truck up and down a mountain shuttling him and peaty
5) got full factory tour of GT before they went pop

Living in a relative backwater on the world cycling stage, I can't really compete with anything posted so far and the closest I can get is:

Owning a wheelset which briefly led the first World Cup round and were used in the Olympics in 2004, and
have had several brief conversations with Sam Hill and Tracey Hannah (reigning DH world champs - Mens and Junior womens) but mainly as an official.

working in the industry i've kinda "done" almost everything so here's a few not really cycling related ones

Used to do a girlie aerobic class at our local gym with JMC to keep fit over winter, he was even good at that ! :D

met Kevin Swantz in Vegas, we shared a booth with Dainese so i got to work with him for 4 days, he's one of my heros in motorcycling and it took me about an hour before i could actually speak to him and its not like me to be lost for words :D

Went 10 pin Bowling with Max Commencal on a night out at one of the early season test camps , it ended up in a UK v's France finale which I managed to win, I've never been under as much pressure :D

Back