1st owner 1995 Trek 8700 restoration

:cool: very nice. Well worth the effort.
Personally I think the rigids would look better, but having said that, a lot of you and the bikes history involved the Judy's, so its a fitting tribute. :D

Mark

Re:

Chapeau!
Lovely restore - I like the old Treks (Quite like the new ones too)

That's lovely, I had the purple version set up with Rigid Pace RC30's and XTR M952 for a short while but sold it on here, found it too rigid but wish I'd kept it now.

It's great to see the pics and hear the story behind your bike and I look forward to hearing how she rides

I too don't understand why there isn't more Trek love on here - I know the Y-bikes being URT were flawed from the start but the OCLV carbon I believe has proven to be really reliable especially when compared to some more 'desirable' bikes like Manitous, Pace etc.

Loving your work :)

Oh btw, how f*****g big is that speaker!!!!

ade

Re:

wow you and I have VERY similar tastes. check my 930 out! same colour components and fork! (link in my signature)

beautiful job you have done. very compressive, logical with clearly no corners cut!

Re: Re:

34henry3w":1z7iu21k said:
wow you and I have VERY similar tastes. check my 930 out! same colour components and fork! (link in my signature)

beautiful job you have done. very compressive, logical with clearly no corners cut!

Thanks Mike! I went through your 930 restoration thread, and indeed, it appears our aims and tastes are very similar :) but your devotion to perfection is in another league! Just wow!

I'm particularly jealous that you managed to save the head badge. Mine got bent, and it was too scratched anyway. But I've got a decal reproduction from Velocals waiting to be applied, so that's 2nd best I guess.

Re:

ouch its tough to save the head badge...definitely need a lot of heat gun before you try and pry it off!

Last parts required to finish the build came in: 747 pedals, the correct diameter XT front mech, and some grab-on bar-end covers.

Almost there now!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 553
Back