Koga Miyata Gents Racer S

dutchie

Retro Guru
img_1378.jpg

In the early 80's I did ride on a Koga Miyata Gents Racers S (1980), which I later did sell. Years later it came back and since then my son make use of it. A few weeks back I was able to buy a simular frame for a little amount of euro's (even the same size, 5:cool: only one year older (1979). Although now a days fixies are more my passion I am planning to rebuild it more a less in the right era. I already began.
But I wondered about the dropouts of this one. I did see a lot of pictures of this type bike on the net already, but never one with dropouts witouth eyelets. Not at front and not at the rear. The ones on the backside are from Shimano, but the ones at front are stamped Miyata. Someone seen (or have) this too?
img_1379.jpg

Lack of dropout mudguard eyes signifies a frame destined never to have mudguards aka for racing.

Early frames had the eyes removed by the builder, later dropouts came with no eyes.

Shaun

Re:

I know that the lac of eyelets are ment for race purposes. But later examples do have them, so that is not true. The Aero version do have them standard.

And also the earlier years (1978 was the first) had eyelets on de Gents Racer S. So it is odd to have one without eyelets on the dropouts.

My 1981 Gents Racer also lacks eyelets and is in the same colour as yours, dutchie.
Rear stamped 'Shimano' and front stamped 'Miyata TF'

How's the restoration coming on?

On the Aero versions I saw them indeed. But nog on the regular ones. The restauration is going really easy and slow. No hurry :) Looking for a crankset andere de seatpost 26,4 mm.

Are you putting shimano 600 ex on it?
I may have a 26.4mm SR seat post in the spares box. I can send you a pm if you're interested.

Jim_haz":35etbdqb said:
Are you putting shimano 600 ex on it?
I may have a 26.4mm SR seat post in the spares box. I can send you a pm if you're interested.
Very kind of you. But living in Holland makes it prtty expensive to ship I presume. No worry, I will look around. No, I don't think it will be completely 600 EX. Probably as much Shimano if possible. But there is also a possibility that I will built this as a fixie.

Latest posts

Back