ProFlex 353

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Oh dear, what have I done??!! A 353 frame for £37 - BEFORE Jez's wall of cool decides on the fate of the ProFlex brand... :LOL:

BTW, anyone got any thoughts on the ideal front end for this frame?

Neil

Attachments

• proflex1.jpg
    proflex1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 2,188
I have some nice silver original vector 2's with integrated stem that'd go nicely with them. Need new elastomers but I think Slim can help you with them.

oh , and he wont need elastomers got a full strip with them if its the same one ;)

Sketching up the 353

Now I have fully realised I have too many projects on the go, the Proflex sketch up (TM - Mr Kawasaki :) ) session seems a little futile.... What with an RTS and Mag 20s on the way, it will surely slip to the back of the FS queue, as I have no great sentimentality with Proflex - always thought it was a bit of an old man's bike, BITD!

Although it was cheap (apart from shipping from the US), it is very sound. Deffo needs a respray as the candy flecked paint has been chipped to buggery, so that means it will sit on the backburner for some time. It appears, at least, to have never seen muddy conditions as the rear suspension washers are minty. No amount of research has uncovered the standard front end for this model yet, although I believe it was a pair of rigid forks with a flexstem. If this frame ever gets built, it will have Manitou 1s.

BTW I love the Offroad branding more than the Proflex - anyone know the history of Offroad as a business?

Neil

PS. Maybe someone ought to express an interest in the usual way (cash offer ;) ) to relieve the pressure...!

Attachments

• 353 3.JPG
    353 3.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,974
  • 353 2.JPG
    353 2.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,974
My 550 is on its way from the states .

I only paid $55 for postage , but it is by boat ( 4 to 6 weks ) .

doesnt matter I should a RTS and STS before xmas , to play with . :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back