The Mobile Minefield

John":2ywhuzo2 said:
Having pushed you into cancelling i'm sure 3 will come up trumps. If not this was what I was considering from o2 > http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/sim_only

£20 a month giving 600 mins, 1000 text and a 'bolt on', eg internet. No tie in either..

i am on a similar deal with orange good offers on sim only packages 800 mins 100 txt and landline calls all free £25 a month

Watch carphone warehouse too, I was told when I took a contact out last year that I had 14 days to return if not happy which I tried to do ... Then 10 months later still battling them!!

Original N95 on Orange is great, for once Orange seem to have sorted out their firmware and it's been bug-free the whole time I've had it. Battery life is around 2-3 days and that's with a fair bit of web browsing using the company's wireless network. Nokia Maps is useful too, even if you don't opt to pay for the full-on satnav option. Robust too, dropped mine several times and no issues. I prefer it to the 8GB as it at least has removable storage. Even if you don't really use it, having a 5mp autofocus camera can be handy.

Surprised about the I-phone remarks:

I own a N95 and i thought it was cra*p.

I bought a first gen I-phone third hand about a year ago now, and I still think its a wonderful piece of kit - flawed in some ways but so much slicker, easier to use and desirable than the throwaway phones available.

I check my email wirelesly
I can phone people
I can use the internet
The Iphone apps are really good
I can listen to music
The screen is superb for films etc

Camera is pants but hey - that's why I have a digital camera. I dont need a digital camera with an in-built phone do I?

(by the way I'm not an Apple fan boy) :cool:

neilll":2niipmfx said:
John":2niipmfx said:
Ii've just gone for a nokia e71. Great phone. :cool:

Ahhhh Nokia's "When I grow up I want to be a BlackBerry" effort ;) :p

:LOL: something like that. Would like to try a blackberry at some point although i've been happy enough thus far with the nokia qwerty offerings...

Harryburgundy said:
6500, heaps of bad reviews. quote]

What's wrong with the 6500 :?
I've got a slide and it's great.
£13 a month including evening/weekend internet, any time land line calls, 150 free text, 300 free mins to any net work. Plus it works in Japan :D
Orange :D

tintin40":3fnn3e97 said:
Harryburgundy":3fnn3e97 said:
6500, heaps of bad reviews. quote]

What's wrong with the 6500 :?
I've got a slide and it's great.
£13 a month including evening/weekend internet, any time land line calls, 150 free text, 300 free mins to any net work. Plus it works in Japan :D
Orange :D

You know...thats why buying a mobile is a minefield. You look a reviews and it all looks OK, then you start reading users reviews and it starts to look like you are buying a lemon... do only people that have had bad experiences with phones post reviews...?

Anyway, waiting for the call from the 3 retention crew :roll: :LOL:

Back