Retrobike peaks meet 2008 - aftermath thread

I'm getting married in three weeks and got the whole "don't dare come back bruised and broken" talk before I left.

Congrats Fella, it was you I was chasing down that descent when I crashed...... :roll: , nice riding on a rigid bike mate :cool:

Thanks for the pics guys, some great memories of a great day. I recognise everyone put still can't put names to everybody. Thanks to all the guys at the back who didn't mind walking with me (both up and down!).

Glad to hear that everyone seems to have got home OK.

Spent yesterday and today cleaning the bike, cleaning shoes and washing clothes. I bought new brake blocks on Friday for the ride and there's not a lot left on them now!

Next year I'll ride the Speccy with FS and V's. It'll be a year older by then and much more Retro!

Peaks 08

Hey Guys, had a fantastic weekend, so glad I came now. Top banter from everyone, especially Heathy and 'The John'! Im off to the Pyranees now, where I was supposed to have been!

Killa :LOL:

jango":jhyviv1x said:
I'm getting married in three weeks and got the whole "don't dare come back bruised and broken" talk before I left.

Congrats Fella, it was you I was chasing down that descent when I crashed...... :roll: , nice riding on a rigid bike mate :cool:

Thanks Jango, although it was mostly due to the terrible pad life of Shimano cantis! I had a cracking time, I'm always a bit quiet so I apologise for that. Nice Diamond Back, looks a really usable yet still retro build.

Thanks Jango, although it was mostly due to the terrible pad life of Shimano cantis! I had a cracking time, I'm always a bit quiet so I apologise for that. Nice Diamond Back, looks a really usable yet still retro build.

I didn't notice you had cantis too....rigid and cantis :cool:

Tell me about it, my rear canti pads are toast......although to be fair they performed admirably throughout the day, it's all in the setup you know ;) , the last descent into Hope finished them off good and proper with some alarming noises and smells coming from my brakes :twisted:

I think my headset needs some attention though :roll:

and a quick recommendation: my new wheels were built by Cannondale King and they survived intact :cool:

jango":1ncd017e said:
the last descent into Hope finished them off good and proper with some alarming noises and smells coming from my brakes :twisted:

That was bloody quick :shock:

Back