300k in a day anyone?

Except for the vintage steel requirement, that sounds like an y normal (!!!!) audax.....

Re:

Seventy eight pounds to enter,go enter an Audax.Not sure whats on offer up there but you can ride a 300 from here for less than a fiver.jm.

"... we’ve always known that making the effort to get to know people and to try to make their day costs nothing..."

They must be raking it in then, what with the sponsors and being staffed by volunteers.

For £80 I can enter and feed myself on four Audax

Re:

Never ridden a sportive yet.jm.

Attachments

• rps20151118_233849.jpg
    rps20151118_233849.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 590
Did Manchester > London with the Rapha guys (215miles) and its a stretch but do-able esp when well supported.

I see these elder statesmen doing 400km Audax with their tea and sandwiches and still blows me away!

Re:

Personally, I'd like to enter the Ladies of the lake! :LOL: :LOL:

Not sure I'd pay that much 'til I've seen them though! :LOL: :LOL: :facepalm:

Mike

I managed 160 miles in a day did it on water and 5 euros one of my best rides :) although I did wind up sleeping under a hedge awoke as cold as … :facepalm:

Couldn't find the price on their website (must be my age) but road.cc says that £78 is the early bird discount price.

Re:

300's are great rides,a long day out,back in daylight if it's a quick one.The Heart Of England from Cirencester is a good first one,flat quiet roads all day,good cafe controll points,popular so always someone at your speed hopefully.Travellodge as well to keep the cost down.jm.

Back