'90 Almega DX

iv'e got one of these but the dropouts are different ,kinda straighter
and it's a real nice purpley/blue colour with the multi colour fluro decels
dunno it's age tho maybe someone can shed some light on this(scant?)
will try to post some pics again soon.
it's quite a nice thing to ride but everyone tells me they brake so it just
gets used for dog exercise but sparky and me are gonna do a big retro
day oot soon,just to piss off the ludites we ride with
mike

unless the exposure's not right then no
bmw do or did a colour called teknoviolet on 5 series & m3's and its
not a kick in the arse of this
i don't remember seeing this colour first time round they were white
red or black(in my lbs) then the team colours but i think this was relevent to the model or spec
when photograped it looks a deep blue not disimmilar to the blue on this
sites borders (the darker bits anyway) but in daylight it has a purpley
hue to it , a real nice color but where its scratched there appears to be
a white undercoat
maybe it's been resprayed, the decels look origonal as dose the paint
will try to get some good photos posted
now that were in the land of perpetual darkness this may be a problem
just had a look at it there's a wrapround gusset twixt headtube and
downtube so as you say it's probably a later one ,funny how there's no
sign of them on tinternet.
mikee

Hey Mike,

Yours definately sounds like a 1992 Al-Mega DX, a old riding buddy had one with white Onza Porcupines and one of the first Shocktech suspension forks, I had (and still have) a 1992 Cro-Mega DX in bright red, the one in the Dutch auction is an Al-Mega XT, which was black in 1992 :D

Not that I'm an Alpinestars geek or anything ;) oh, and if you still have the original Easton alloy stem and oversized bars check the stem around the handlebar clamp, most (if not all) of the 1992 stems cracked, both of ours did!

Cheers
Stu

stu":bqjz3kuu said:
Hey Mike,

Yours definately sounds like a 1992 Al-Mega DX, a old riding buddy had one with white Onza Porcupines and one of the first Shocktech suspension forks, I had (and still have) a 1992 Cro-Mega DX in bright red, the one in the Dutch auction is an Al-Mega XT, which was black in 1992 :D

Not that I'm an Alpinestars geek or anything ;) oh, and if you still have the original Easton alloy stem and oversized bars check the stem around the handlebar clamp, most (if not all) of the 1992 stems cracked, both of ours did!

Cheers
Stu

I assumed it was ink, but I could be wrong of course.

My '91 AlMega had the chromo stem, that's why it probably didn't break. The rest did. Not even by abuse, but already by looking at. The looks were very good btw ➡️ See pic

Elev12k":1ub6munv said:
stu":1ub6munv said:
Hey Mike,

Cheers
Stu

I assumed it was ink, but I could be wrong of course.

My '91 AlMega had the chromo stem, that's why it probably didn't break. The rest did. Not even by abuse, but already by looking at. The looks were very good btw ➡️ See pic

Nah, you're probably right ;) I know the Al-Mega DX in 1992 was a dark bluey-purple colour but always assumed the Al-Mega XT was black, never saw one in real life :D

Cheers
Stu

do remember black ones but think these were the last est models
before they made the odd paralellogram framed bikes then faded
away. do they still make bikes ? anyone.
got a pair of their leathers quality stuff.
btw my lbs had kalloy stems to fit these a few months ago,polished
low rise 150 mm length. i'll see if there still there if anyones interested.
mikee

a badly taken pic of mine in my gallery now

Back