Chas Roberts White Spider CR753......BUILT.

sinnerman

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Been lucky enough to have this for a while. there are a few quite special examples of the same frame type here on Retro bike already, the original blue Print, "Tim Goulds" championship race bike, and even a Stunning Purple with Suntour Build and BOTM winner from Pete.

This one still wears the Original powdercoat and remains unused save for the bits ive thrown on to make my mind up over a build direction. Came with the Original Fillet Brazed 753 forks but alas no stem, hence it never being fully assembled.

The time and need has come for me to assemble the frame with what I have, so ill hopefully find time this week.

Like my Peugeot/Roberts Replica, this one has twin water bottle bosses and cable stops either side of the headtube, full Reynolds 753 tubing and is finished in what was to become the team trade mark colour way black and white.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 4,619
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 4,618
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 4,617
Re:

Oooo, nice. Takes me back to university when I used to ride with a guy with one of these decked out with a set of RC30s, CQP cranks and an XT group. Beautiful bikes!

Re:

Pesh :cool:

Damn cool that, starting to really feel the love for steel after being a long term lover of carbon.

.....and the older style decals do look nice don't they.

RBG

Re: Re:

pete_mcc":2z2bo1k9 said:
Oooo, nice. Takes me back to university when I used to ride with a guy with one of these decked out with a set of RC30s, CQP cranks and an XT group. Beautiful bikes!

Yours is one hell of a bench mark to reach Pete.

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":31hq8fxe said:
Pesh :cool:

Damn cool that, starting to really feel the love for steel after being a long term lover of carbon.

.....and the older style decals do look nice don't they.

RBG

Im thinking simple XT, plenty of black, using the Ground Control tyres, there is plenty of frame clearance.

Re:

Very nice mate. You've got to stop it now though...

I was going to do my White Spider/Genesis in black XT as I think it would look really smart.

Re:

G, there wont be anything fancy hanging on this one, just better hung on the frame than parts in a box... :oops:

Re:

Roberts "white spider" CR-753r frame with matching fillet straight blade fork.
Brakes XT with WinWood Green Brake pads,
Xt rear mech,
Xt ft mech,
Xt Brake levers,
Xt thumbshifters,
XT cranks, Mavic and XT rings,
Mavic Rims, DT spokes Shimano hubs,
Xt pedals,
Specialized Ground control tyres
True temper handle bar,
Odyssey Roller cam stem,
Odi attack grips
Shimano Xt seatpost
San Marco Rolls Saddle.

Attachments

• image8 (1).jpeg
    image8 (1).jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 4,384
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 4,365
  • image7 (2).jpeg
    image7 (2).jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 4,356
  • image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 4,367
  • image6 (1).jpeg
    image6 (1).jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 4,366
  • image5 (3).jpeg
    image5 (3).jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 4,371
  • image2 (3).jpeg
    image2 (3).jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 4,380
  • image4 (1).jpeg
    image4 (1).jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 4,396
Clean, understated and beautiful Carl. A great month for British steel on Retrobike :cool:

raidan73":3rv81g6p said:
Clean, understated and beautiful Carl. A great month for British steel on Retrobike :cool:
Agree with that 100%

Something about a Roberts bike and it being White and black that just works :)

Back