Help/information about Sun Worksop bikes needed please!

Re:

renaultvation":17bsiivn said:
Here is a recent picture:

piggiesandbike017.jpg

Since the photograph, I have replaced the saddle with a brooks B17 and fitted full length polished alloy mudguards to replace the original shorties in deference to my age. I converted the bike to a 10 speed in the 1980s as the frame had the necessary lugs etc. The rear stay wraps around the seat pillar like a Carlton and the original wheel nuts are Carlton items with a red 'C' in the centre. The front wheel is original, but the rear was replaced in the mid 70s following damage and is not in such good condition.

I appreciate that the bike is not valuable, but to me it has tremendous sentimental value and I have kept it largely original. My parents are now both in their 80s and I recently asked them if I had looked after it sufficiently well. They were happy and said that I did not have to repay the £17. :D

Thats lovely to see. More pictures please.

Re:

renaultvation":kx7j4t8q said:
Here is a recent picture:

piggiesandbike017.jpg

Since the photograph, I have replaced the saddle with a brooks B17 and fitted full length polished alloy mudguards to replace the original shorties in deference to my age. I converted the bike to a 10 speed in the 1980s as the frame had the necessary lugs etc. The rear stay wraps around the seat pillar like a Carlton and the original wheel nuts are Carlton items with a red 'C' in the centre. The front wheel is original, but the rear was replaced in the mid 70s following damage and is not in such good condition.

I appreciate that the bike is not valuable, but to me it has tremendous sentimental value and I have kept it largely original. My parents are now both in their 80s and I recently asked them if I had looked after it sufficiently well. They were happy and said that I did not have to repay the £17. :D

Hi, I've just joined the forum and I have a bike just like this, which is a big help in dating as my frame number is kind of weird! Stamped on the rear dropout is 2, then what looks like the top of a partly stamped 3, followed by 8076. I bought the frame in my LBS. The rest is mainly new, though the rather nice Weinmann levers came from a jumble. It's meant to be my shopping bike but now it seems way too nice for that! I was interested to see comments that the wraparound seat stays were a feature of the Snipe Plus. As you can see, this is definitely a Snipe. I've made it a five-speed, although it does have a braze-on for the front gear cable. Lovely to ride!

Attachments

• Sun - 6.jpg
    Sun - 6.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 431
  • Sun - 5.jpg
    Sun - 5.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 431
  • Sun - 1.jpg
    Sun - 1.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 430
Re:

I have two catalogues from 1968/9 for Sun . Pictures are not in colour . If anyone with one these machines please pm . £2 a copy including .Money to poppy fund .

Re Raleigh choppers .It is worth remembering they saved Raleigh from closing back then .1.5 million made :cool: :p
Then the Bomber.... :LOL:

Back