Acceptable to have two identical frames?

Is it acceptable to have two identical frames?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Simon

Senior Retro Guru
I love my Bontrager Race, and I've only seen a handful in my size come up for sale. Therefore when another one popped up for sale as a frameset, I jumped on it. I've now got two identical (except in colour) frames, one of which will probably sit in a cupboard until I have the space, time and money to build it up.

I've really tied myself in a knot over whether this is a good thing to do - I would be 'better' waiting until something different comes along in my size, but I really do like the Bonty and if it was ever stolen/ damaged I'd be mighty upset, wheras this way I've got a 'spare' in the cupboard. And it was good value - I can certainly get back what I paid for it if it's just gathering dust.

So - fool or wise man, you decide!

Absolutely! I've got 2 FROs in the same size & colour. You have to know where to look to spot the difference

Can you have too much of a good thing...I don't think so!

Enjoy the fit and ride you love.

cheers,

rody

I think twos acceptable, but more may be obsessive...there's so many great frames out there it would be good to spread a little of your love.

I'm starting to think like I'm taking strays in or something :roll:

Rich

Damn, that Klein is nice! :p

Hi all,identical frames......hell yes.
If I had the chance I would have 2 Cinder Cones,1 retro & rigid the second would be delugged,disc braked,carbon this & that but still rigid.

Latest posts

Back